Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Pie (9.0) for Galaxy Tab S4

(Topic created on: 25-04-2019 08:10 AM)
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows when Samsung is planning to release the Android Pie (9.0) update for the Galaxy Tab S4? The tablet itself is great but there are many great features in 9.0, such as the much improved task manager considering the current implementation feels very cramped. Gesture based navigation and adaptive battery life improvements also come to mind.

104 REPLIES 104
Itztrev
Journeyman
Options

No updates for the UK yet, this is my first Samsung  product and I must say I'm not happy with how they roll out updates, I will return to Microsoft surface.

0 Likes
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options
Lol Windows
0 Likes
Tabs4update
First Poster
Options
I'm in Niagara Falls Canada. I just received my wifi updated!
0 Likes
cabledog1980
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Kennyd69
Student
Options

My verizon tabs4 pie update just hit

0 Likes
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Still nothing for me (UK Wifi model) 😞

0 Likes
Chi1701
Explorer
Options

Looks like it will be awhile for UK wifi edition to actually get the update.

0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options

Well it's almost May, countries like France & America have the pie update for the S4 available to download they have had for almost two weeks but in The United Kingdom not a sign yet. At last something that can't be blamed on Brexit, but come on Samsung what's the delay.

@ToonTonic wrote:

Well it's coming April 2019.

In hoping HDR support in YouTube comes before that.

I've been in the "Pie...one UI" beta on the S9+ & whilst it's an improvement....it's very tough around the edges.

With the shocking price & lack of effort in the Tab S4, rough Android Pie beta & the not so popular look of the upcoming Galaxy S10 range (im on the upgrade plan, in currently thinking of sticking with the S9+).....I think Samsung are in for a rough start to 2019.

Competition at both ends of the market has been amazing lately, roll on the 2019 tech fest...hopefully Samsung will catch up.

Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Still no UK update... This is quite unacceptable to be honest, Samsung should at least communicate with their customers if they've hit some sort of issue.

We should at least be able to manually download the update from somewhere official.

ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options

I know the wait is frustrating, but they said its arriving in April, and it's still April.

Once May 1st arrives, we can all grab the pitchforks.

So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes