Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Pie (9.0) for Galaxy Tab S4

(Topic created on: 23-04-2019 06:08 PM)
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows when Samsung is planning to release the Android Pie (9.0) update for the Galaxy Tab S4? The tablet itself is great but there are many great features in 9.0, such as the much improved task manager considering the current implementation feels very cramped. Gesture based navigation and adaptive battery life improvements also come to mind.

104 REPLIES 104
Fright
Student
Options
nice which country
0 Likes
Tiger-One
Journeyman
Options

In the u.s. the tab s4 update is rolling out. I'm currently getting my update right now

0 Likes
Tiger-One
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20190423-094000_Software update.jpg

DougChoz
Student
Options

I just got Pie OTA.  Two minutes to download, 6 minutes to update and 2% battery used.  It works.

cabledog1980
Journeyman
Options

Is yours the WiFI model?  I have the Verizon LTE Modeland nothing yet. 😞

0 Likes
Tiger-One
Journeyman
Options

I have Wifi version. It updated to pie today

0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
UK LTE version here....no update
So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes
Tiger-One
Journeyman
Options

With LTE Usually with a Carrier service like Verzion, AT&T,  Sprint, T mobile and so on. Samsung will release the update. But your carrier would add some stuff and then release it to you

ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
Aye, I have the LTE version but I'm not using that function.
So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes
cabledog1980
Journeyman
Options

Yes, you're right, I did have a Pixel and was used to getting the updates on release day.  Now I am back on Samsung Gear and forgot you have to wait for the carrier to approve it.  Just got back from lunch and still no update.  It may be  afew days.  I know you can check the Verizon update site and it will let you know what update is available. 

0 Likes