Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Pie (9.0) for Galaxy Tab S4

(Topic created on: 23-04-2019 01:37 PM)
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows when Samsung is planning to release the Android Pie (9.0) update for the Galaxy Tab S4? The tablet itself is great but there are many great features in 9.0, such as the much improved task manager considering the current implementation feels very cramped. Gesture based navigation and adaptive battery life improvements also come to mind.

104 REPLIES 104
GalaxyTab0271
Journeyman
Options

Guys I dont know if you all heard or not but the pie update for tab s4 is releasing in Europe and soon to everywhere else. Guys please dont worry it's coming very soon!

0 Likes
xpusostomos
Explorer
Options

Yeah, but why only in Europe for goodness sake? I mean Apple can manage a world wide simulaneous release of iOS for phones and tablets of all ages. Couldn't Samsung at least manage a simultaneous world wide release for a single model tablet?

0 Likes
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options
Is there any evidence that its rolling out in Europe? I live in Europe but have not recieved any update so far...
0 Likes
GalaxyTab0271
Journeyman
Options

Hi Dunestorm, the Pie Update just got released about a week ago so not every Tab S4 in Europe has it yet. Expect yours to come soon as the update gradually gets released to all devices in Europe and around the world. I found this out on this site: (check this link)

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-s4-update/

Your update should come within the next few weeks if not sooner. Just keep an eye out for it.

0 Likes
DougChoz
Student
Options

I chatted with a Samsung CSR today to report an email synchronization problem and casually asked her about the Pie Update for the USA Galaxt Tab S4.  She spent 5 minutes doing research and to my amazement said only the LTE models will be updated.  The Wi-Fi only models will not.  If his is true, my planned purchases for any future Samsung Devices have just disappeared and that includes a second S4 Tablet and two 5g Note 10s.  I bought the S4 with the assumption that I ould ge two Anbdroid System updates.  Any comments???

0 Likes
xpusostomos
Explorer
Options

I think the LTE version will get updates first (why Samsung? Why?) , But I'd be surprised if there was no update at all for non LTE. This is all poorly managed by Samsung. Wait a couple more weeks before panicking I'd say.

Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Wow that is completely unacceptable if true. I find that really hard to believe to be honest that they wouldn't update their most popular variant of a tablet. If Samaung want to retain customers then they cannot continue down this path!

0 Likes
Fright
Student
Options
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options
I knew that the no WiFi thing was super unrealistic :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Computim
First Poster
Options

I recieved the PIe update today on my wifi model.

0 Likes