Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Pie (9.0) for Galaxy Tab S4

(Topic created on: 20-04-2019 10:06 AM)
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows when Samsung is planning to release the Android Pie (9.0) update for the Galaxy Tab S4? The tablet itself is great but there are many great features in 9.0, such as the much improved task manager considering the current implementation feels very cramped. Gesture based navigation and adaptive battery life improvements also come to mind.

104 REPLIES 104
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung won't typically comment on future plans or timescales in regards to firmware releases and updates it'll be a case of watching the forum , Samsung Blogs and Tech sites and to periodically check your software update section on settings. 

As P is in Beta and as far as I'm currently aware not released in invitation form yet to Samsung Members it's not on the horizon yet officially from Samsung. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options

Well it's coming April 2019.

In hoping HDR support in YouTube comes before that.

I've been in the "Pie...one UI" beta on the S9+ & whilst it's an improvement....it's very tough around the edges.

With the shocking price & lack of effort in the Tab S4, rough Android Pie beta & the not so popular look of the upcoming Galaxy S10 range (im on the upgrade plan, in currently thinking of sticking with the S9+).....I think Samsung are in for a rough start to 2019.

Competition at both ends of the market has been amazing lately, roll on the 2019 tech fest...hopefully Samsung will catch up.

So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ToonTonic

I'm not on the Upgrade Programme like you but I do typically buy a new Samsung phone every 12 months or so if the new phones brings to the table what ticks my wants and needs boxes.

I'll probably pass on the s10 variants.

The Note 10 maybe my next.

:winking-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

xpusostomos
Explorer
Options

I agree that the tab S4 price is a big ask, but I'm not sure why it's a lack of effort.

0 Likes
Tekno
Apprentice
Options

Maybe 2018 tablets or 2017s gets samsung dex version 9.0

0 Likes
Solution
GalaxyTab0271
Journeyman
Options

Hi Dunestorm, the Android 9 Pie update for the Galaxy Tab S4 recently got certified by the WiFi alliance. This means that the update should be ready to release soon, and 9To5Google is saying that it will be out before the end of April. Check out this article: https://9to5google.com/2019/01/02/samsung-android-pie-updates-2019/

Tiger-One
Journeyman
Options

I have my note 9 which has P pie operating system. For quite a while now. And my Tab S4 which hasn't had a update since Dec 8 2018. And still selling these tablets $600

0 Likes
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

I agree, if Samsung wants people to take their products seriously they have to support the software for 2-3 years like all other major brands. 

0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options

Ha ha, Samsungs support is terrible at the best of times.

Glad to see this tablet is finally getting a LONG overdue update, though Samsung are getting a bit of a bad rep in various departments lately. They have been lacklustre for a while. 

Charge apple prices but fall well short in many areas.

So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes