Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Lollipop

(Topic created on: 15-12-2019 11:57 AM)
andresegea
First Poster
Options

I am the newest owner of a S. smart tv, I have install a lot of apps(less Kodi of course), but when I want to install the 'smartthings' app in my galaxy tab 4, I can't, because the last update form Android is Lollipop (5.0 version) Currently Android is running the 10 version.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@andresegea: The SmartThings app requires a minimum of Android 6.0, which is not being made available for the Tab 4. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

0 Likes
andresegea
First Poster
Options

Actually, the app doesn't work neither with Android 7.1 (Nougat) which I have installed into the tablet.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Did you download the update via a third party site, @andresegea?
0 Likes
andresegea
First Poster
Options

Hi,
It is obvious that if Samsung doesn't give support for this tablet beyond lollipop. I have had to download it through third party

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
I understand that it can feel like your tablet isn't being supported, however this largely comes down to the device not meeting the specifications for Android 6.0 and upward. Unofficial software updates may lead to compatibility and performance issues, as well as voiding your warranty.
0 Likes
andresegea
First Poster
Options

It's doesn't matter, I have others devices with Android 9, but I am absolutely sure that my new tablet isn't gonna be Samsung.

Have a good day

0 Likes