Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adchoices

(Topic created on: 23-02-2017 09:48 AM)
AndyH
Student
Options

I've recently started getting popup ads from adchoices on my s7 edge.

I've tried all sorts of apps to try and remove them or stop them popping up. 

I've been told they are legitimate adds placed by Google in software.

But they do interfere with the operation of the phone.

For instance if you are recording video it will stop the recording if an add pops up.

Or if you are using a banking app you will have to log back in if and add apears. 

Is there anyway to remove this addware. 

I'm sure level of intrusion adchoices produces is not legal. 

69 REPLIES 69
Pilot798
Journeyman
Options

I finally found in my case the offending app that was either causing or being used by a 3rd party.  The app was FLV player after uninstalling it I have been free of the anoying and offesve onslot of ads at all times of the day an night.  If this is not a virus I don't know what is!!!!!!

0 Likes
crooner
First Poster
Options

Doesn't anyone understand that my pop-up ads are coming from an app that is not on my phone? Samsung internet is the source and I have removed it and all associated files. I still get the ads! 

0 Likes
pauldoody
First Poster
Options

"Don't close the ad. Click bottom left "Recent Items" phone button and the header for the ad will tell you what app is showing it". Worked for me. Couldn't uninstall the app quick enough. Thanks.

joshwalther
First Poster
Options

Did you find the resolution?  This same issue started happening to me in November 2018.

0 Likes
crooner
First Poster
Options

Sadly, no. The latest software upgrade actually installed AdChoices on my phone! I uninstalled it and several other apps that were installed during the upgrade. Still get the full screen ads from AdChoices through Samsung internet, neither of which is installed on my phone. 

0 Likes
dfeierabend
First Poster
Options
What solved it for me:

Wait for the ad to show up. Let it close down. Then check in setting under apps and see which one was the last one that was opened. That will be the app that is letting adchoices display on your device. Simply uninstall that app. It worked for me.
0 Likes
crooner
First Poster
Options

PLEASE read my post before responding with the generic "simply uninstall the offending app". The offending app is NOT INSTALLED on my phone. I have REMOVED all files associated with Samsung browser and STILL receive the full page ads. 

0 Likes
Sky3
First Poster
Options

I have navigation in my phone and Adchoices are blocking it off. I nearly crashed in to the back of another car by trying to turn these Adchoices off.  Who would pay if people would be killed on the road? 😞

0 Likes
Sky3
First Poster
Options

I got rid of it by finding out the last software that was active. In my case it was DDpai software for my dash camera. Do your best not to buy nothing from China!!!

@Sky3

0 Likes
Adchoices
First Poster
Options

I too can not get a text message written or messenger message, without an ad popping up interrupting and stopping my progress! Even when dialing it does it at times. God forbid a person have an emergency and cant get help due to Adchoice ads popping up! I'm at the point of looking into any other phone choice besides Samsung... just to get away from all the junk ads that nobody cares about! I have always been a Samsung lover but now I'm warding people away and looking to change myself. They need to stop this asap and offer an opt out of ads!! If anyone knows how to do this... I'd love to know how. 

0 Likes