Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4x Galaxy Tab Active 2s - PIN not recognised after update

(Topic created on: 29-10-2019 01:41 PM)
Mark_Major
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

We have 26 Tab Active 2s in a corporate environment.  Google Enterprise with Device Policy.

4 of these tablets have become inaccessible after a recent update.  In every case, the staff member updated their tablet when the Samsung prompt appeared - then their PIN was just not accepted after the restart.

Please provide a resolution, as we think this may eventually affect all 26.  It takes over an hour to talk a staff member through wiping and setting-up the device again!

Thank you,

Mark

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AntS
Options

Hi @Mark_Major ,

Might be worth trying a soft reset/reboot initially: Power & Volume Down simultaneously until the Samsung/Galaxy logo appears.

Mark_Major
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, AntS.

We have recommended everyone stops doing the updates for the moment, so haven't been able to try.  No doubt there'll be one sooner-or-later though!

Samsung business support don't think it is a common issue - which I was hoping - as there may be a fix!

We now have some corporate people who are looking into it.

Thanks again,

Mark

Sanche
Apprentice
Options

Hi Mark

We have the same Issues! I first thought it's an Intune problem. If you reset the tablet and reenroll it, then the tablet should work as expected. I hope they will fix it soon because we have over 100 tablets in the company!

Greetings

Sanche

Mark_Major
Apprentice
Options

Hi Sanche,

That's interesting.  I'll let you know if I find anything out.  I work in a very large company and some corporate guys are supposed to be looking into it.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
Sanche
Apprentice
Options

Hi Mark

Thank you! I looked at it last night because one of my customers has some severe issues. What after this update happened is that the tablet doesn't apply any Intune device configuration policies even if you sync it with Intune in the Company Portal App. Without the device configuration policies are no security settings like the pin code set. As you mentioned before, the only way to fix it is a reset. After the reset, everything works fine.

regards,

Sanche

0 Likes
Mark_Major
Apprentice
Options

We're just using the Google Enterprise MDM.  I've never seen InTune, so it's not that which is to blame.

The Google MDM goes on OK again, but all of our staff using them are all around the country, so it's real pain to talk through setting them up again over the phone.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
Mark_Major
Apprentice
Options

Hi Sanche,

By the way, is your issue just with Active Tab 2s?  I might mention it to the Samsung corporate support people again.

They previously said they couldn't help because we didn't have a record of which update version caused the issue - or the update version the device was already on before the issue occurred.  We had a spare tablet here and updated it, but it didn't cause any problems with that one.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
Sanche
Apprentice
Options

Hi Mark,

Yes, it happened with the Active Tab 2s. It's the last update, which causes this error with Intune. I invested a lot of time to find out which one causes the error. 

regards,

Sanche

0 Likes