Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 27-04-2019 12:04 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

@rahulsandhu: Does your setup all the time switch the soundbar on and off when you toggle the TV? Do you have devices on your soundbar?

0 Likes
Dolby1980
Explorer
Options

I only have a Q7F (2017)... So I probably won't get it . But it would be interesting to know if 2018 and 2019 will be getting.

For what it's worth, I've noticed excessive clouding when viewing HDR content (backlight goes to '20' automatically) and they have agreed its a panel issue and will fix under warranty. As the set is a 2017 model I'm wondering if they still a panel and , if not, will I get a 2018 or 2019 replacement?

That'd be great to get some Atmos greatness 

0 Likes
rahulsandhu
Journeyman
Options
No it doesn't turn on and off. Lucky me! I have read about its issues but latest firmware update for bar should fix it. I updated my soundbar before i started playing anything through it.

My bar is connected through HDMI (ARC) to tv and my blueray connected to tv only through Hdmi
0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Well why you are lucky if it doesn't work like it should? Mine doesn't turn on automatically when I switch on my TV but switches off correctly when the TV turns off. Don't know why but I have this behavior since the beginning. I all the time have to switch it on via the corresponding options on the TV.

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Oh and a comment to your wiring. Like that you can't get TrueHD or Atmos working because the TV doesn't support eARC yet.

0 Likes
rahulsandhu
Journeyman
Options
I just read on samsung website, it does support Arc. Btw Samsung TV and Soundbars dont support TrueHD but does support Atmos through codec Dolby Digital+

Btw I read your reply wrong before, I have same problem as you about on and off.
0 Likes
rahulsandhu
Journeyman
Options

Netflix's Dolby Atmos on Samsung TvNetflix's Dolby Atmos on Samsung Tv

0 Likes
Victordlsb
Explorer
Options

What TV model is that? Does anyone with a Q7FN or another 2018 tv have Atmos on netflix?

primalair
Pathfinder
Options

@rahulsandhu well the soundbar is able to decode Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby TrueHD, along with DTS Digital Sound and DTS-HD Master Audio.

0 Likes
rahulsandhu
Journeyman
Options
thats good to hear wonder why it doesnt says that on samsung's website?
0 Likes