Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 27-04-2019 12:04 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
Soxbrother
Explorer
Options
@Loft85 In the past I also had this a few times, mostly after some windows updates.
Maybe try the second hdmi input ?
0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options
Its weired . When I try to set it up it won't accept dolby atmos, but when I play the test movies ib the access app it comes out in atmos even though I can't set it up in the app. But I still don't get atmos via Netflix
0 Likes
Soxbrother
Explorer
Options

@Loft85That's weird. So you don't get the Dolby Atmos logo inside Netflix ?
Probably has something to do with not being able to setup the spatial setting.

0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options
I get the Atmos logo but it doesn't okay in atmos - no blue light on the soundbar. I'm also able to get the atmos logo in Netflix app on my Samsung TV when Im in the app and set soundbar option to DD+, but when I then play the movie there's no sound at all.
0 Likes
A_Ram
First Poster
Options

I have the q80r with a Onkyo receiver. Dolby Atmos has been working just fine for weeks off the netflix app from the tv then suddenly yesterday it stopped. It used to automatically change and notify me on the screen when I was viewing Atmos content (plus I was able to see on the Netflix app which content was Atmos compatible) now I can't seem to get it to work. Already messed w the settings a bit, changed from pcm to Dolby digital and Dolby digital + but all I get is regular 5.1. On the Netflix app nothing shows it is Atmos compatible anymore either, It only shows 5.1 now. I've made no changes, still on the same settings as before w the same hdmi running from ARC to ARC port. What is happening??

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
I would say you were lucky netflix worked in atmos for a while. As seeing this post evolve over the last few months I have deduced that netflix do not seem to like Samsung Netflix app having atmos on as they do not recognize the brand as a trusted supplier
0 Likes
A_Ram
First Poster
Options

That is so weird. I will continue to mess w the settings later today. If I come across anything helpful, I will post here 

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi
It wont be the settings my friend if the app is not showing atmos content on the tv no amount of changing settings will cure this until either samsung or Netflix update the app
0 Likes
BigAL1
First Poster
Options

You might want to look here

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/dolby-atmos-sound/ 

see the "Perplexed by Netflix" section. It seems that Netflix have done something odd and if the TV does not support Atmos nativley it does not even present the data for pass through. 

So this may not be a Samsung Issue, but its still a bit of a PITA when my 2015 xbox one supports it (with an app) but my 2018 TV does not...

0 Likes
ChrisRudd
Explorer
Options
I have the same problem used to show atmos now all it shows is 5.1 I have the qled q85 series tv and q90r soundbar iv been told to update my hdmi to hdcp2.2 cables basically 8k hdmi as 4 k cables cant hand hdr and atmos together will let you know
0 Likes