Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 27-04-2019 12:04 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
slicker55
Explorer
Options
Yeah, here what you all say and it will OLED for me next time
0 Likes
qwertz3
First Poster
Options

Is there any offical samsung statement? 

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

Yes. There is. Buy samsung QLED, buy samsung Soundbar and enjoy high class stereo audio :ok-hand:

_oSo_
Navigator
Options
I Recently bought the Samsung Q90R tv and the Samsung Q90R soundbar. I thought that buy buying them together I would have the best duo possible on sound and video. I have the Xbox One X also as part of my system. Almost 5k on tech that I can’t enjoy unless I connect and or disconnect stuff. At this moment I have the Xbox connected to the tv and the tv connected to the soundbar via ARC. I Get “Dolby Atmos” from Netflix, Amazon vídeo and VUDU native apps from the tv. The soundbar immediately recognizes the content streamed with Atmos and the display on the soundbar shows Atmos. But when streaming the same content from the Xbox apps I only get 5.1. Same thing happened when I use blue rays on the Xbox, no Atmos sound.
I guess that the only way to get Atmos from the Xbox is by connecting it directly to the soundbar but I really don’t know how to do it without loosing the Atmos from the tv apps.
It’s so Frustrating. I did t spend this amount of money to have to be hooking and unhooking devices just to be able to use them. This is my first experience with Samsung devices and I can confidently say it will be the last. They lost a customer on their very first sale.
0 Likes
artur11
Apprentice
Options
hi friend, to have dolby atmos on xbox just plug in one of the hdmi inputs of the soundbar and install a dolby atmos app and go to the console sound options and you already have dolby atmos at all without turning off anything, a hug.
0 Likes
artur11
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
rojw13
Pioneer
Options

This does not work. Xbox just gives an error message saying the hardware does not support.

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Just read that the 2019 nvidia shield supports atmos on Netflix. Shield -> Soundbar -> TV could be a setup for people with an pre 2019 Samsung TV.

0 Likes
_oSo_
Navigator
Options
I tried that already. Got an error message.
These are the step I did.
1) I connected the tv and the soundbar using the tv and soundbar HDMI ARC ports
2) I connected the Xbox X to the HDMI in port of the soundbar

In both cases I used the best HDMI cabkes I have.

After doing this the tv native apps work well. I get Atmos from the tv Netflix, Prime and Vudu apps when streaming Atmos content, the soundbar also shows Atmos on the screen.

When switching the source to soundbar, as the video indicates, the HDMI port doesn’t detects anything. And gives an error message therefore I can’t see the Xbox at all.

Also this set up makes the tv remote to loose co tell of the soundbar when trying to turn it on.

Please advice or let me know if I’m doing something wrong.
0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

On what port did you connect the xbox? Does the Soundbar select that port when you select Soundbar as source on the TV? What I can tell you for sure is that this Setup works if everything is done right as I have myself an XBOX one X connected and am able to stream the Atmos Demos to the TV. Controlling everything with the TV remote should also be possible as all these devices support HDMI CEC. What is always tricky is to switch to the right HDMI port on the soundbar. I don't really know why but in some conditions it won't select the HDMI port you want. In my case, sometimes it stays on HDMI2 and when I choose HDMI1 it automatically switches to HDMI2 all the time. I found out that using the smart things app let me fix this if it happens as I can choose there the correct port.

0 Likes