Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 11:32 AM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
Pooo0001
First Poster
Options
Sorry q60 tv . And atmos works on my denon amp .
0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi
Sounds promising are you running the 13.55 firmware?
I am still on the 12.90 as I am waiting to see feedback from the latest version I have had a few black screens for 1 or 2 seconds on xbox one either playing games or watching netflix on xbox on games its with the game mode on and freesync ultimate on netflix its game mode off and movie settings on tv picture as per recommended picture settings from rtings.com which has actually made pictures on all sources much better
0 Likes
Pooo0001
First Poster
Options

Hi yes 1335 running . Seems ok and now dont need to use xbox for netflix/atmos through my av receiver . All good with ratings setting as I use them too 

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi again

Thank you for the quick reply did you do the update on USB I have tried but doesn't seem to find it does the usb have to be a certain format I did it once but cannot remember if it was ntfs or fat32

Thanks for any advice
0 Likes
Pooo0001
First Poster
Options

Hi sorry run auto updates from the tv so can't comment on USB update 

0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options

I have a samsung Q70, 2019 TV and the HW-K950 Samsung soundbar. I have the new firmware as well and just tried putting the settings on sound to DD+ again, and now it shows Atmos on the Netflix app, which it has never done before. The thing is, that on these settings I get no sound from the soundbar at all. When I just put it on DD Netflix shows 5.1 and sound works fine. I guess it's because the soubdbar/TV don't support atmos through arc, or do you have any suggestions on how to get it to work? 

0 Likes
Pooo0001
First Poster
Options
Make sure in the tv menu it's set to DD+ and atmos selected .

Don't know is you need to change settings on the sound bar or if you can . But if so set dd+ or bit stream as sound like it's trying to play PCM. Also must be connected by hdmi .

Hopefully that will help
0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options

That's the thing. When I set Tv To DD+ Netflix shows atmos, but I get no sound at all. The soundbar is connected to the TV hdmi arc

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi
Actually as I am in the UK the samsung support website actually only shows version 1290 so maybe that is why the file 13.55 will not work yet
0 Likes
Pooo0001
First Poster
Options
That's strange, could try a different hdmi cable possibly. ?
0 Likes