Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 04-11-2019 06:46 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

Yes yes, I know. My intention was to highlight that Samsung isn't honest about this matter.

0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
Oooh sorry for the confusion. Yep it’s really bad isn’t it
0 Likes
RT66
Apprentice
Options

Have had Samsung Q9FN since a year ago.
with the problem of not being able to use Netflix through TV to get Atmos audio to the Samsung HW-950 Soundbar. But with the conclusion that it is not possible. Samsung Q9FN and Samsung HW-950 are NOT compatible. Can only get 5.1 audio.
Unfortunately, the solution is not through Samsung's support they are worthless. Without getting an Apple Tv4k (Emergency solution)
I solved it by going back to the Seller.
Which solved it in the best possible way ... They took back TV ....... Got a brand new one.
No Samsung. No more Samsung.
they are completely incompetent.

slicker55
Explorer
Options

Good on you mate and well done on getting your supplier on side.

I am in awe of your negotiating skills LOL

Hey, out of interest which TV did you get in the end?

0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah, for some reason Samsung decided not to support Dolby atmos in their Netflix app. Which is weird that they release a soundbar is is Dolby atmos and DTS:X supported. I love their soundbar and washing machine but I would NEVER buy a Samsung TV. They lack support for multiple things. Yet LG support basically everything.
0 Likes
corb06
Explorer
Options

@RT66 wrote:

Have had Samsung Q9FN since a year ago.
with the problem of not being able to use Netflix through TV to get Atmos audio to the Samsung HW-950 Soundbar. But with the conclusion that it is not possible. Samsung Q9FN and Samsung HW-950 are NOT compatible. Can only get 5.1 audio.
Unfortunately, the solution is not through Samsung's support they are worthless. Without getting an Apple Tv4k (Emergency solution)
I solved it by going back to the Seller.
Which solved it in the best possible way ... They took back TV ....... Got a brand new one.
No Samsung. No more Samsung.
they are completely incompetent.

So bad that these huge companies are like this to the end user. 

Anyways we have similar setup and I'm gonna try and find out if the new Nvidia Shield TV supports Netflix Atmos. We have 2017 model, and that app doesn't with our Q80R soundbar. 

0 Likes
RT66
Apprentice
Options
Hi !
Lucky to get a brand new LG c9 from seller.
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@RT66 wrote:
Hi !
Lucky to get a brand new LG c9 from seller.

That's what I did too. And it was the best possible decision.

MisterE
First Poster
Options
Wish I'd done that. Spent £1500 on Samsung QLED. Will never buy Samsung again. Wish I'd bought LG OLED.
0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
Tbh I agree I have the LG c9 and it’s perfect in my opinion.
0 Likes