Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 25-10-2019 07:32 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Only 2019 models

Dolby1980
Explorer
Options

I have to admit... The software on my 2019 is quite nice, compared to my 2017.

0 Likes
_oSo_
Navigator
Options
I wonder if a firmware update can provide support for True Atmos on the 2019 TVs . Or it’s a hardware issue? I searched the type of hdmi the arc port on the 2019 QLEDS is but I couldn’t find any reliable info about that.
0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

I don't really know it but my assumption would be that from a technical perspective it should be possible to enable EARC as some other Manufacturer did that already on HDMI 2.0 chipsets. Samsung as well did it on the Q90R Soundbar. Full HDMI 2.1 will require different hardware thought.

artur11
Apprentice
Options

olá amigo qual o modelo de tv que tem obrigado

0 Likes
_oSo_
Navigator
Options
Samsung QLED Q90R 65” connected to a HW-Q90R soundbar
0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Samsung QLED Q85R 65” connected to a HW-Q90R soundbar

Mike_krk
Explorer
Options

How do you know that q90r soundbar supports eARC? I think this is just a marketing gimmick, Samsung nowhere officially confirms it.

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

It's true that Samsung don't mentions it but Samsung also never comments the changes they make with their firmware updates. I got this info from different reviews of the Soundbar as well from another forum where people with 2019 LG products state that there the soundbar works like it should.

0 Likes
Mike_krk
Explorer
Options
The fact it works doesn't mean it has eARC. Dolby Digital+ with or without Atmos doesn't need eARC.
0 Likes