Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 06:38 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Zeplman wrote:

Can you proivde you cabling configuation ?  Currently the Dobly Digital+ is grey(not selectable) I get sound and picture but no Atmos.  I have the Q90R , Samsung HW-K950 and a Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch AV Receiver

Thanks

I don't think you can as the Samsung Netflix app does not output atmos. The LG and Xbox do. Have you connected using HDMI, ARC not optical. Also have you set out to bitstream, not PCM. 

0 Likes
Garry013
Student
Options

Thats great to hear, we will be eagerly waiting for the resolition u finally get :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Zeplman
Apprentice
Options

Q90R TV connected to Sony Reciever ATMOS 2019-10-19 20.03.32.jpgYes the TV app can detect ATMOS if it is connected to a compatible device, in my case it was a SONY AVR but once you connect it to the reciever you dont have an out to the speaker.

vgtales
First Poster
Options

I have Samsung 40h5500 tv. Unable to see the dolby atmos option in netflix although i have now connected it via HDMI to my STR DN1080 Amp. No option of Dolby Digital + appearing on the tv. Only Dolby Digital (which is already ticked).

Any solutions? Will the problem get solved if i buy an Amazon Firestick and stream via that? 

0 Likes
Dolby1980
Explorer
Options

I know this is all related to Netflix - but has someone with Apple TV been able to confirm whether Atmos works with the 2019 Samsung TVs? 

It seems that it's a definate for the latest models on Amazon and Netflix - but curious about Apple TV ....

0 Likes
marek54
First Poster
Options

Its a big question.....

0 Likes
corb06
Explorer
Options

@Zeplman wrote:

Q90R TV connected to Sony Reciever ATMOS 2019-10-19 20.03.32.jpgYes the TV app can detect ATMOS if it is connected to a compatible device, in my case it was a SONY AVR but once you connect it to the reciever you dont have an out to the speaker.

OMG! What is samsung doing? We have their latest Speaker system the Q80R (Q86R in Europe) that supports Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. We have a QLED Series 8 from 2018 and the latest update of Nvidia Shield. On Top of that, Netflix Ultra subscription but still we can´t get Atmos support on Netflix. Pisses me off!

Paied tons of money for this setup

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@corb06 wrote:

@Zeplman wrote:

OMG! What is samsung doing? We have their latest Speaker system the Q80R (Q86R in Europe) that supports Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. We have a QLED Series 8 from 2018 and the latest update of Nvidia Shield. On Top of that, Netflix Ultra subscription but still we can´t get Atmos support on Netflix. Pisses me off!

Paied tons of money for this setup

Should have got an lg. I know the Xbox x and a Windows 10 PC has Netflix atmosphere app and will pass through atmos. Like you say pay a premium price and get no DTS and iffy recording. 

Paul

0 Likes
slicker55
Explorer
Options
Welcome to the Brotherhood…
You are now an official member of SOPOSO
Society Of Pissed Off Samsung Owners :smiling-face:
Alexstok
First Poster
Options

I have a QLED from 2017 (QE55Q7F) and will be getting the Sony Z9F soundbar tomorrow. Pretty dissapointed that (pseudo) Atmos will probably not work through ARC and on the Netflix app. Can somebody confirm that the 2017 TV's are not getting anymore firmware updates?

0 Likes