Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 31-07-2019 01:17 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
earl82
First Poster
Options

Its a shame!

for a 6000 euro 75q9fn do not support netflix and co in dolby atmos!

at least the q8/9 and q900 should support all spund options!

maybe its my last samsung (f8080/Q9)

becsue i spent a lot of money in 5.1.4 dolby atmos/auro3d and i cant use it through a "flagship tv"

maybe its time to buy a xbox, for me as pc gamer only do get dolby atmos!

samsung reply this thread!

is there an updste coming or not!!!

0 Likes
Rooster242
Student
Options

I asked Netflix online support about this and here's the transcript.

Your issue is: Can you tell me when/if the Netflix app for Samsung TVs will support Dolby Atmos?
You are now chatting with: Alberto Jr

Netflix Alberto Jr
Hi there! My name is Aj, I was able to read your concern. But first may I have your Name?

You
Jim

Netflix Alberto Jr
Thank you Jim. I just checked real quick on our resources and as per our website article, there's no indication that the Netflix App is supported with Dolby Atmos. (Though we suggest to check their support website to get clarifications as some devices may be supported but isn't listed on our article) You may Click Here to read more about it.

You
I know it doesn't support it. I'm asking if there are any plans to support it in the future and if so when I can expect it.

Netflix Alberto Jr
Oh I see, sorry if I got confused right there. I'd like ot be straight forward but I double checked and we don't have any news or updates if it'll be available for new or old Samsung Smart TV's. Nevertheless, I'll make sure that your chat for today would not go in vain. I'll be saving this chat as a feedback for future reference and reviewing.

Netflix Alberto Jr
I do apologize if there's no concrete answer on when we can expect Dolby Atmos for the Netflix App on Samsung TV's but rest assured that this chat will be forwarded to the product development team for reference.

You
I appreciate that. This is a hot issue among Samsung TV owners. [non-Netflix link blocked]

You
I tried to send a link to a samsung support thread that talks about it. Guess it got blocked.

Netflix Alberto Jr
Oh I see, I'm also using a Samsung TV myself and I'm also quite anxious when it'll be added for future use. So yeah, that should be it. Do you have any questions or clarifications for me?

You
That's about it.

Netflix Alberto Jr
It was great chatting with you today! Thank you for being a part of Netflix and enjoy the rest of the day. For future concerns with Netflix in general, you can always visit help.netflix.com Bye!
miegel
Apprentice
Options

Let's start a petition, cause this is ridiculous!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/samsungs-netflix-app-to-support-atmos

Rooster242
Student
Options

Signed!

Samsung support, you are awfully quiet on this issue. Would be nice if you could at least ackknowledge us.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Rooster242 wrote:

Signed!

Samsung support, you are awfully quiet on this issue. Would be nice if you could at least ackknowledge us.

Samsung never except that they are in the wrong. They will just ignore and hope you go away and give up. They know that the only recourse is for you to take civil action, and know one will do that, because no retailers advertised that, so you have no avenue for any solution. Your only justice is not to buy any Samsung products. 

Paul

ASSLOP
Student
Options

Petition signed 😬

0 Likes
miegel
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone confirm that the only series that DO have a working Netflix app are the 2019 QxxR series, is that correct? 

0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options
I have a Q70r and no atmos
0 Likes
GarySargent
Explorer
Options

I can confirm that my Q90R with firmware 1303.7 running Netflix App 9.0.0 does support Dolby Atmos when connected to via HDMI ARC to a Denon AVR-X3500 amplifier.

I get Dolby Atmos shown on the Amp, and the Dolby Atmos symbol shown in Netflix.

You need to enable Dolby Digital + in the expert sound options of the TV for this to work.

slicker55
Explorer
Options

@ miegel
Petition signed (7 - Goal 1000)
A great initiative - well done - let's hope Netflix and Samsung take notice - come on everyone, now's your chance if you feel strong about this - it only takes a few seconds to create an account and support this petition

0 Likes