Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weak or no signal on my TV. Aerial and cable fine. What do I do?

(Topic created on: 29-02-2020 08:51 AM)
Joff
First Poster
Options

Just moved house and tried to connect my TV up to just run on standard aerial.  No other device connected but the TV won't pick up a signal from the aerial. Just says Weak or No Signal.

what can I do

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
ACracknell
First Poster
Options

If you can prove the signal is operating with another TV I would be engaging with your warranty provider for support.

0 Likes
Ron34
First Poster
Options

My tv says weak or no signal aerial is ok

0 Likes
ACracknell
First Poster
Options

Hey Folks, so I've been suffering with loss of standard definition channels (itv2 was the channel I specifically watched and wanted to record from) but kept loosing the signal and recordings would fail. I read a post here saying return the TV but before I did that I decided to give Samsung support a call. They walked me through a full reset and we checked the signs strength for itv2 and it was low. The rep asked me how my TV input was rigged up and are there any components in the chain and I do have some bits and pieces. I have a powered signal booster that goes into a signal splitter and they advised I remove all extra components from the chain to validate what the strength is like with a pure aerial to Samsung connection. After fraffing around and making that happen I am now of the belief that the issue was with the purity of the signal being received from my freeview aerial. No signal loss now for 3 weeks. The rep did say that a signal booster would also boost a bad signal which makes sense. 

0 Likes