Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using anynet+ and infrared for universal remote 9 series TV

(Topic created on: 05-02-2018 07:14 AM)
dinkybluebug
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Ive got a 9 series TV with universal remote.

Attached to this is a mediacentre on a raspberry pi on HDMI 1.  The option to use Anynet+ to control the media centre works well - this is driven by tv back to the raspberry Pi and I can navigate using the universal remote.

the problem is that I also have a SONOS playbar which uses IR.   When I set up the sonos playbar to work with the universal remote - it sends the correct IR commands to the playbar and I can control the volumel, but when I do this - the anynet+ commands are turned off. - meaning my media centre cant be controlled.

I ideally want the remote to send Anynet+ commands through the TV to control device on HDMI1 but for just the volume settings - use IR that the sonos playbar recognises.  I cant see to do both.

Any ideas? 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
MrWWWhite
Explorer
Options

Hello tobykir,

I’m at the same point right know, but try to push it on many ways. I’ve written in the forum and the mod has given it to development team. I’ve written to support team and made a long phone call with live remote support on my tv. I’m now looking forward for a reply, hopefully in between the next weeks.

I was looking in the US forum as well. There’s a post with the same issue.

I’m selling TVs, that’s why I know that issue is definitely with the KS8090 and my MU7079. I think it is with all models using the (small) One Connect Box Mini (2016 and 2017 series). With the new Q-series models (with new bigger Connect box) it’s all working without any problems.

It’s not a solution but maybe an information, good to know.

Maybe you give your support another call to remember this issue is still there and also relevant for users in other country’s.

greetings

André

Fachmann für Unterhaltungselektronik und smarte Technik | Gastronom und DJ im Herzen [♥️ Vinyl] | Teilzeit-Gamer | Familienvater voller Stolz
tobykir
Journeyman
Options

Ok - took me a long while to figure this out. And maybe not the optimal solution. 

If  you can live without the minimalistic design that comes with the original remote, use a remote of a different/older model or get a programmable remote..  E. g. I am now using the one of my old Samsung. AA59-00446A. Not as fancy looking though. but it supports almost all functionality of the MU7000 (without Training the remote)
i only had to train Sonos to recognize the volume signal of the old remote. HDMI-CEC works this way. 

0 Likes
tobykir
Journeyman
Options

Well..since no word again on this topic. My most convenient work around has become to dig out the IR Remote from my old DU6500. Trained this one with the Sonos Soundbar and and Controlling soundbar and HDMI-CEC works. Probably works with any remote compatible to Samsung as long as it is not Bluetooth based.  

0 Likes