Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ue75mu6100 vertical bands

(Topic created on: 09-08-2018 02:51 PM)
Maughanorama
Explorer
Options

Hi my 2 month old TV has started or I just started to notice vertical bands of shade in the lighter colours. This is visible on white and blue quite noticeable now I see it all the time. Ihave attached an image.

I see there's a fix/ bulletin  for the q75s over on the American forums 

tv bars.jpg

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
TracyR
Options

Try a picture test on your TV,

Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test.

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Maughanorama
Explorer
Options

Yes done that before posting here.. as I said it visible on moslty white screens blue screens sometimes in a film where there's smoke you see it.

0 Likes
Maughanorama
Explorer
Options

Here's the test picture. Look at the white sky20180808_102606.jpg

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We're struggling to see the issue on the picture test screen, @Maughanorama.

Have you spoken to anyone from our Support Team? They'll be able to run through some troubleshooting with you and advise accordingly from there. You can contact the team on 0330 726 7864.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Maughanorama
Explorer
Options

Really??? I can see it plane as day across the whole sky in the test picture..  maybe it's because I know what to look for? Try zooming in 

0 Likes
Maughanorama
Explorer
Options

Ok so just got off the phone with samsung who did a tech see on my phone to have a look and they could see the issue... I have an engineer coming apparantly

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
That's good news, @Maughanorama. The engineer will be able to inspect the TV and repair any existing issues with the device. Let us know if you have any questions or queries in the meantime.
0 Likes
Solution
Maughanorama
Explorer
Options

The engineers called and told me that the panel is faulty and thst can be seen from the pictures... apparanlty getting a new panel next week. Wonder if they will change just the panel or just a whole new tv.. i think this model i have although new to me is going end of life

AndrewL
Options
I'm pleased to hear that the engineer was able to identify the issue, @Maughanorama. Samsung offer a repair warranty so they will always look to complete a repair where it is viable to do so. Replacements are only offered when a a device is deemed to be beyond repair due to a manufacturing defect.
0 Likes