Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ue50ku6000 game mode, HDR won't turn on.

(Topic created on: 12-11-2017 12:44 PM)
Pud
First Poster
Options

Ok I'm trying to follow this guide by digital foundry on how to enable HDR on Samsung TV's for https://youtu.be/7rMovlvGGrg but I'm failing at the first step, I can't enable HDR on all HDMI ports only on HDMI 1 and then I can only either have HDR or gamemode not both, please advise.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Pud
First Poster
Options
Well it's good to see your customer support is good and that posts get read and replied too.. NOT!
0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Hey @Pud,

Our Community fourm is primarily for fans of Samsung to help each other, us moderators are there to keep an eye on things, and we do read all posts and check them over, but we do like to give other member of the comminity a chance to help before we come in.

Can you let me know what model TV you have?

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Pud
First Poster
Options

um, it's in the heading. ue50ku6000

0 Likes
AntS
Options

LOL. TracyR clearly having one of those "Gimli" days we all have from time to time. :robottongue:

Gimli.JPG

@Pud (Love the name BTW): I've pitched your query at our TV Support expert to see what they advise, and will get back to you with their take. 

0 Likes
Pud
First Poster
Options
lol no worries, great thanks
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Morning @Pud.

My TV expert colleague has confirmed that for your specific model, HDMI 1 is the only port that HDMI UHD Colour can be turned on. They also added that in HDR + Game mode, the brightness is left up to the user to adjust to best suit you for the viewing length, conditions and parameters of the game.

Hope this helps. :robothappy:

0 Likes
Pud
First Poster
Options
great thanks but I cant enable HDR and game mode at the same time, and why have that option on all HDMI if it only works on number 1, thanks
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Morning @Pud.

My colleague advised me that “HDMI 1 is controlled by separate HDMI IC from the others, and that HDMI UHD colour works by changing the socket EDID from HDMI 1.4a to HDMI 2.0a, which the other HDMI ports are unable to do.”

My understanding of that is it’s to do with the technical limitations of the HDMI ports and how they’re controlled in this model.

They also clarified the difference between HDR+ (which is a Samsung processing feature that simulates HDR from SDR content; and is available on all inputs/sources) and HDR (which is delivered by an external device via HDMI 1 with UHD HDMI Color enabled).

The setup they suggested for you was:

• Connect the gaming device to HDMI 1
  • Enable UHD HDMI Color for HDMI 1
  • Set Picture mode to Movie
  • Set Special Viewing Mode to Game Mode
  • Then set the backlight to 20 manually

The guys in the video you linked to say that KU models probably aren’t really the best for delivering amazing results for this kind of thing, but let us know how it goes for you.

0 Likes
Gemoroda
First Poster
Options
So basically, in translation, we moderators do read all of the comments but don't give a F about your problems. let other users that solved this problems by themselves help you.

that kind of sums your post right, right?
0 Likes