Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart Remote battery Cover!

(Topic created on: 17-08-2018 04:17 PM)
Neill1221
Explorer
Options

Has anyone had trouble opening the Battery Cover on the Smart remote for the MU6400 Series TV??

It's murder trying to get it open!! Very badly designed!!

32 REPLIES 32
AntS
Options

Intriguing solution, @Nurse1! How did you come by that?

Nurse1
Apprentice
Options
I am serious. The heat from the blow dryer loosens any gunk that might be causing it to stick and makes the plastic more pliable. Came right off. No problems. Just around the edges. I also use this method to loosen plugs from gastric tubes.
Neill1221
Explorer
Options

@Nurse1 wrote:
I am serious. The heat from the blow dryer loosens any gunk that might be causing it to stick and makes the plastic more pliable. Came right off. No problems. Just around the edges. I also use this method to loosen plugs from gastric tubes.

Well,you shouldn't have to do that with any remote! It's not even a year old yet!! Badly designed!!

anon26
First Poster
Options

Hello, did you have any trouble putting the cover back on? My remote also had trouble getting the battery cover off. But after days of trying it finally snapped. But now I can’t close it. It’s been open for months now.

SpenceFamily
First Poster
Options
Yay! The blow dryer did it! Couldn't get that dang back cover to move for nothing! Read this helpful hint about the blow dryer and BINGO! We have a Winner! Thank you @nurse1! Hubby and I are grateful, even if he's still grumpy about me getting it off first! 😉
0 Likes
brisween21
First Poster
Options

Same issue here.  I've seen the same issues on You-Tube.  Anyone have a solution?  I've tried to push down on the arrow as hard as possible and light at different angles.  It will not budge.  

@Neill1221 wrote:

No not yet! I wanted to ask if anyone on the forum had the same issue! As I said before I saw some complaints on youtube

with this problem,so,I decided to ask here  to see if there was the same issue!! I still think It's a bad design!! It's the MU6400 series TV  Smart remote!!

0 Likes
LowriderSoCal
First Poster
Options

I used the dryer method and..................IT WORKED AS ADVERTISED!!!! Thanks! I was getting frustrated and what happens with that is "Get a bigger hammer. No need after following the simple directions.

0 Likes
bkaren2
First Poster
Options

I have this problem from day 1.  It took me 3 weeks to get the battery cover off.  I kept pressing the arrowo and it would not move.  I took my fingernail and coasted the side of the control until it pop out.  My othor problem is that the batteries drain so fast.  I bought the TV in 12/2019 and I had to change the batters 7 times.  The red light keeps blinking.  Something is draining the battery quickly, like every 3 weeks.  It's crazy.  I'm hoping this will b covered under warranty.  

0 Likes
Cali-Bob
First Poster
Options

Used blow dryer suggestion for Samsung Soundbar remote.  It works!

0 Likes
KV5094
Student
Options

Thank you @nurse1!  The design is ridiculous, but your solution works.  Also, once you slide it down about 1/4 inch or less (in the direction of the arrow), it LIFTS off.  Continuing to try to make it slide does not work.

0 Likes