Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"UKTV Play" app

(Topic created on: 21-10-2018 05:34 PM)
filthyanimal
Journeyman
Options

Hi, is the "UKTV Play" app (an on-demand video app for Freeview UK channels like Dave,etc) available on any Samsung TVs in the UK? If so, which ones? If not, why not? Will it arrive in the future? At what date?

It's part of "Freeview Play", as supported by Panasonic, LG, JVC, Hisense, Bush and Finlux.

32 REPLIES 32
Baileyshambles
First Poster
Options

Hi all I have ue32f4500 from 2014 I've updated to latest software but still no uktv play. Is there anyway this can be manually installed? Or side loaded? 

Would love to watch old "countdown to murder" on this!!

0 Likes
Brian007
Navigator
Options

As far as I know it's currently their Tizen smart based TVs from 2016 onwards, but that may change in the future. 

0 Likes
Loofer
First Poster
Options

I've had issues like that in the past with catch up apps, 4OD used to freeze at ads and force me to restart the Tv and go through all the ads all over again, I player used to freeze if you paused it for too long, they stoped after a while, I guess just got developed out but bloody anoying.

0 Likes
Saflady
First Poster
Options

Hi I have a 2016 Samsung UE40KU6020K TV and I downloaded UKTV play app last month and it works fine.

Guster
Explorer
Options

We have the UK TV Play app but the font size of the text is very small, almost too small to read.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Guster wrote:

We have the UK TV Play app but the font size of the text is very small, almost too small to read.

I have TV play via Sky, however checked out the app and the font really is quite small  (though manageable for me)and a bit of a contrast to other apps.  There is not a setting increase the size  via Tv,   Samsung do have accessibility options but this is for on screen menus and does not affect the app, I have the latest firmware and have tried resets but it does not make a difference.  Seems more of a developer issue and have contacted Uk Tv Play, however at the  moment they have just said they will pass on my feedback.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
chiyonofuji
Student
Options

Does downloading and installing the new UKTVPlay app require a Samsung account? 

0 Likes
Guster
Explorer
Options

@chiyonofuji wrote:

Does downloading and installing the new UKTVPlay app require a Samsung account? 

No, just install it like any other app (iPlayer, ITV Player etc). It's not a Samsung produced app.

0 Likes
unicooney
First Poster
Options

I downloaded uktv play onto my Samsung galaxy tab 6 but every time I try to open it it won't open. I've  tried uninstalling it and then re installing it but it still doesn't work anyone any ideas?

0 Likes
Eric MacVicar
First Poster
Options

UK TV PLAY says "*The UKTV app will be available on Samsung TVs sold from 2015 onwards, excluding the following five models: UBD-K8500, UBD-KM85C, UBD-KM85, UJ4300, UJ5300."

But my TV is a 2022 model and is not one of those listed above.  The app is not in my app store. It is fully up to date with software and firmware.

So .. On my PC I registered a sign in for UK TV play. 

Then on my TV I opened the app called "Internet"

UKTVPLAY say that their service will run on a web browser. 

So I loaded their web page and signed in and I selected a show.

The adverts played but.....   Errror code 2. Could not download the video. 

Samsung... this is the last TV I buy from you for the rest of my life. I swear this on everything I hold good.  

The only reason I bought a new Samsung was my old Samsung would not support Disney Plus.   This is a joke !!  I am NOT laughing.  Good bye to bad rubbish,

0 Likes