Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"UKTV Play" app

(Topic created on: 30-09-2018 12:50 PM)
filthyanimal
Journeyman
Options

Hi, is the "UKTV Play" app (an on-demand video app for Freeview UK channels like Dave,etc) available on any Samsung TVs in the UK? If so, which ones? If not, why not? Will it arrive in the future? At what date?

It's part of "Freeview Play", as supported by Panasonic, LG, JVC, Hisense, Bush and Finlux.

32 REPLIES 32
Wayne10
Pioneer
Options

You'd be better off getting a Youview Zapper box that has the UKTV app.

0 Likes
Loofer
First Poster
Options

Not only do Samsung not support UKtvPlay or Freeview play they've purposely blocked you from accessing those services through the browser. I got my tv in 2014 and could at that time log onto 4OD, ITV Player etc and watch videos through the browser, now nothing plays. Next TV will be a Panasonic.

0 Likes
itsme3
Student
Options

@Loofer wrote:

Not only do Samsung not support UKtvPlay or Freeview play they've purposely blocked you from accessing those services through the browser. I got my tv in 2014 and could at that time log onto 4OD, ITV Player etc and watch videos through the browser, now nothing plays. Next TV will be a Panasonic.

Might be worth checking that you have the latest firmware on the tv for some reason not every set is having it pushed through in laws needed to call the Samsung tech line to have theirs updated. They originally thought theirs was the one no longer supported but it was a software issue. The person on the phone sent a specific update direct to the tv. 

I totally understand that smart features won’t be around for ever and that’s ok but not to offer some of the biggest apps is not acceptable especially when there are some rubbish apps out ther which I bet no one would use.  

0 Likes
Brian007
Navigator
Options

Now on Samsung TV apps

Brian007
Navigator
Options

UKTV is now available on many Samsung Apps after the latest software update

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can confirm that that the Uk Tv  Play App is available on Samsung sets from 2015 onwards, with  a few exceptions as detailed on the site.   https://corporate.uktv.co.uk/news/article/uktv-play-launches-samsung-tvs/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Loofer
First Poster
Options

My software is fairly up to date but it's a 2014 model so probably won't ever get the new update. What bigs me is that it used to play video from websites but now doesn't so it's been engineered out to drive you towards the apps.

0 Likes
ChrisRow
First Poster
Options

Hi I'm looking for where to contact either UKTV play or Samsung about this app. I love that fact I have uktv play now in my bedroom but I know i always know I need my remote next to me. 

All the app works fine except the adds which makes it even more disappointing. 

As the adds come on it will play the first but always fail to play the second add, resulting in a black screen which I have to go back to the program selection and play the program again. 

I know I sounds like a small problem but it is every single program so half way through a binge watch of red dwarf I will give up and go to a different app. 

Brian007
Navigator
Options
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ChrisRow wrote:

Hi I'm looking for where to contact either UKTV play or Samsung about this app. I love that fact I have uktv play now in my bedroom but I know i always know I need my remote next to me. 

All the app works fine except the adds which makes it even more disappointing. 

As the adds come on it will play the first but always fail to play the second add, resulting in a black screen which I have to go back to the program selection and play the program again. 

I know I sounds like a small problem but it is every single program so half way through a binge watch of red dwarf I will give up and go to a different app. 

Hi @ChrisRow,  is it just Tv Plus or do you have an issue with any other apps?   You have not listed your model but ensure you have latest firmware update and if not update via USB(enter model via this link)  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ ,another idea is to reset Smart Hub if you have not done so already.    if still issues certainly contact Tv Plus on the link @Brian007 provided.    Should you need to contact samsung details are here https://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.