Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Receiver (HDMI) " QE55Q6FNAT

(Topic created on: 01-04-2020 02:00 PM)
Terryjc
First Poster
Options

I need help with my pearents TV. They have the above TV and a Samsung Sound Bar ... All working well until the last few days when then installed a Facebook TV Portal . All of a sudden the TV does not pick up the sound bar that is connected by a HDMI lead and connects at times to the TV Speaker or what has never some up before .. " RECEIVER (HDMI) " I have tired to look for the soundbar and nothing .. all leads are still in place and have not been moved.

Can anyone help as to why this has come up ? When I try connecting to the RECEIVER (HDMI) there is NO sound .. and so they are back on TV Speaker but when the TV has been switched off and then on it connects to the RECEIVER (HDMI) with no sound !

Any help would be most greatful .

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi@Terryjc

Can you try turning off the HDMI-CEC on your Portal, as it seems to be hijacking the HDMI-CEC communication between the TV and Soundbar?

You should be able to do this by heading to Home > Settings > Remote > Select TV and Receiver Control. Check if HDMI-CEC is turned on next to these options. Turn this off if it is.

0 Likes
Terryjc
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your reply ... not sure if I'm being thick but I can see "Remote" when I go in to settings.

Once in settings all I have is :

Picture
Sound
General
Support

Iam I looking in the wrong place ?
0 Likes
Terryjc
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your reply ... not sure if I'm being thick but I can see "Remote" when I go in to settings.

Once in settings all I have is :

Picture
Sound
General
Support

Iam I looking in the wrong place ?
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Were you able to find Remote in any of the above options? Can you have a quick look and see if it's there?
0 Likes
Terryjc
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have looked in all but can't find a remote option. 

Its only happened since the Portal TV has been installed. 

0 Likes
Terryjc
First Poster
Options

Hi, Yes I have found it now thanks! 

It worked for a bit but still wants to go back to TV Speaker for some reason !

0 Likes
benji89
Journeyman
Options

Hello, same issue here. No solution so far? Thanks,

0 Likes