Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orange light on my tv is always blinking when turned off

(Topic created on: 23-01-2020 11:56 PM)
tvUN55HU6840
First Poster
Options

hi,

Does anyone have samsung tv UN55HU6840? I have a problem with my tv , Orange light keeps blinking when the tv is turned off and still connected to power, I am not sure if this is some electric problem, TV works fine though.  

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @tvUN55HU6840 

Could we take the current software version of your TV please? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung. Also, have you tried unplugging the TV for a few minutes before plugging back in?

0 Likes
tvUN55HU6840
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. Below is the current version of my TV. Also, I tried unplugging the TV  for few mins but that did not help.

software version: T-NT14UAKUC-1300.2

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Could you check the TV for any software updates available? Go to Menu > Support > Software Update > Update Now?

0 Likes
tvUN55HU6840
First Poster
Options
It says there are no new updates at this time for you. Hoping the red/orange blinking light isn’t such a big problem as I think it is. Never seen anything like this before neither manual says anything about it. TV works fine otherwise, but afraid this might mean something and probably be an early warning about something wrong with TV.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@tvUN55HU6840: Next time you switch off the TV, please can you try disconnecting any external devices such as your cable/satellite box to see if this makes a difference? If not, keep an eye on the performance of the TV and if you notice any issues beyond the LED issue then please contact the Samsung AV Team on 0333 000 0333, where an advisor will be on hand to assist you further.
0 Likes