Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

new tv problem

(Topic created on: 20-06-2018 08:16 AM)
laaa
Apprentice
Options

I have a new 58" 4 hd tv which is 3 weeks old, the left hand side of the screen has a strip about 3" wide which is just horizontal lines, i went into currys and there advice was to turn the tv off and see what happens ?

should i ask for a replacement tv, i have several videos of the problem which is now intermitant

Thanks

Ian

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@laaa wrote:

Thanks

i will let you know how i get on ,i think they have to replace it as i am not one bithappy with it

I've had it and others who have had picture problems and they say the picture is within spec,  and it is difficult to argue with them once the 28 day period is over. I had a q9f and the picture was terrible but Samsung said it was within spec. They did agree to refund though. So if you are not happy with it send it back rather than wasting time on repairs and their subjective view of what is within spec. 

Also when they replace it I pretty sure you get another 28 days. 

Paul

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
laaa
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for all the good advice, i took it back to currys tonight and it was 29 days today ("apologies,actualy happened before the england game as per video following video of screen , that was monday :)" ) they replaced straight away, hats off to them for that, all good here
Thanks to all

ian

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

Get a replacement from Currys ASAP before it becomes an issue where you have to send it to Samsung and or wait for an engineer to turn up. Faulty product swap it 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Madasahat wrote:

Get a replacement from Currys ASAP before it becomes an issue where you have to send it to Samsung and or wait for an engineer to turn up. Faulty product swap it 

I agree don't mess about with the hassle of repairs send it back. 

Paul

0 Likes
laaa
Apprentice
Options

Thanks

i will let you know how i get on ,i think they have to replace it as i am not one bithappy with it

0 Likes
Solution
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@laaa wrote:

Thanks

I've had it and others who have had picture problems and they say the picture is within spec,  and it is difficult to argue with them once the 28 day period is over. I had a q9f and the picture was terrible but Samsung said it was within spec. They did agree to refund though. So if you are not happy with it send it back rather than wasting time on repairs and their subjective view of what is within spec. 

Also when they replace it I pretty sure you get another 28 days. 

Paul

0 Likes
Solution
laaa
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for all the good advice, i took it back to currys tonight and it was 29 days today ("apologies,actualy happened before the england game as per video following video of screen , that was monday :)" ) they replaced straight away, hats off to them for that, all good here
Thanks to all

ian