Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

iplayer suddenly not working on UE22H5600 or UE485700

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 06:00 PM)
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

iplayer started asking for a TV software update about an hour ago on both our  Samsung TV's, one 22" and one 48".  both are on version 2900 and both say there are no updates available.  Presumably something has changed in iplayer but since the BBC expects the manufacturers to support it only Samsubng can fix it.  Is there a fix coming for this as we use iplayer a lot.

Thanks

Peter 

Go to solution
96 REPLIES 96
Brian11
Student
Options

Same problem here, tv set id UE40H6400AK  update status 2900. Has Samsung given a real reason for this ???

0 Likes
suewoo
Journeyman
Options

Just reading some of the technical blogs online, it appears that Sumsung and BBC have had a falling out - I think about Samsung not supporting Apple (?) - which means they have not beein issuing the details needed for updates.  

0 Likes
Brian11
Student
Options

Is there a way to remove the latest update (2900) to the previous package and if so would that bypass this current problem ? 

PeterPan99
Journeyman
Options

UE32H5500AK.

Update from my posts of Tuesday (10 Dec 19).

My Now TV Stick arived and (after a bit of set up and sign in), I now have access to iPlayer!! :smiling-face:

That is despite the compatibiity list saying that the Now TV Stick would not work with my model of TV, so I am now very pleased that I took a gamble with £15 for the stick, direct from Now TV.

During the setup, I  had to sign into my NowTV account and resist the heavy hints to sign up for a Pass (Sport Pass, Entertainment Pass, etc.) and then into my BBC account.

I would still prefer that Samsung sort the original problem, so that I don't have to use a separate remote for the Now TV Stick, but at least I  now have access to iPlayer!

Edited for typo.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Updated official TV Support page link that has a little more info/clarification on the BBC iPlayer issue here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/bbc-iplayer-software-update/ 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
We've been looking into this, and we have found a solution for the H Range TV's.
1) Power your TV off from the mains.
2) Wait 30 seconds.
3) Power your TV back on.
4) Wait 5 minutes, but DO NOT press the Smart Hub Button – during this time, the Samsung Smart Hub will be updated.
5) Power your TV off at the mains again.
6) Wait 30 seconds.
7) Power your TV back on.
😎 BBC iPlayer will now be restored.

(In the unlikely event of this not recovering BBC iPlayer, please perform a Smart Hub Reset. After doing this, turn your TV off and on before setting up the Smart Hub again. You can check out this link for instructions on how to perform this reset: https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-reset-smart-hub-in-samsung-smart-tvs/
abitoftap
Apprentice
Options

It worked (without the reset!). Still shows 2900 as the software.

PeterPan99
Journeyman
Options

UE32H5500AK

I followed the instructions to update the Smart Hub...   ...and it worked!  THANK YOU!!

Software is still on Version 2900.

wwrsimon
Student
Options

AndrewL's solution works for my UE22H5600AKXXU - thanks!

DebsBro
Journeyman
Options
Hi Andrew thx for the info my iplayer H version is now working :smiling-face: