Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

iplayer suddenly not working on UE22H5600 or UE485700

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 06:00 PM)
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

iplayer started asking for a TV software update about an hour ago on both our  Samsung TV's, one 22" and one 48".  both are on version 2900 and both say there are no updates available.  Presumably something has changed in iplayer but since the BBC expects the manufacturers to support it only Samsubng can fix it.  Is there a fix coming for this as we use iplayer a lot.

Thanks

Peter 

Go to solution
96 REPLIES 96
andie22
First Poster
Options

My Samsung UE 48H6400 updated software 9th December 2019. Now BBCiplayer is giving me 02001 error, "something went wrong when loading this programme " Everything was fine before the update. I have reset Smarthub to defaults and signed in again to all my apps. Nothing helps. I tried to email Samsung but it's not recognising my model number and won't let me fill in email form.

0 Likes
Fairplay
Student
Options

Mine's UE46F8000ST using the same firmware as theUE55F8000ST still on version 1136. Mine is also working now but still with the dire warning about updating. My guess is that the BBC has rolled back their latest change to iPlayer. Samsung were inundated with complaints today - there was no availability for chatting to support staff about TV issues. The BBC were probably overrun with complaints too. It is important to complain to the BBC when this happens - managers at the BBC must have (incorrectly) approved this change causing significant impact to BBC and Samsung customers. Hopefully they will prepare better for future changes and avoid the disruption they caused by sloppy change management.

Jams83
First Poster
Options

Same issue on my ue55f8000. Updated the software yesterday and iPlayer won't stream any programs. All other apps work just iPlayer has broken. 

0 Likes
DMcD
First Poster
Options

I have two Samsung Smart TVs and the BBC iPlayer has stopped working on both sets. I have emailed Samsumg Customer Technical Support via the Samsung website detailing the models, serial numbers and the problem and despite my case being acknowledged by Samsung (auto reply) they have not responded with any support (this is very dissapointing).  If anyone on here has had the same issue and have resolved the problem I would value your input.  The TV sets I have are a Samsung Smart LED TV model UE40H6410SU and A Samsung Snart LED TV model UE46D7000LUXXU. I have spent hours doing the reccomended software updates, TV factory resets etc..all without success. Other Apps like ITV hub player work ok.  When trying to run the app, the UE40H6410 gives a fault 02001 whereas the screen goes blank on the UE46D7000? 

0 Likes
Jams83
First Poster
Options

Ue55f8000. Updated the is to 1135 last night and wish I hadn't. iPlayer hasn't worked since yet all other apps seem fine. iPlayer app is on version 9.81.9.0 and apparently the build identifier is wed 11th December 

Wish they would test things before rolling out updates. This is so annoying especially coming up to Christmas. 

0 Likes
suewoo
Journeyman
Options

I had spoken to Customer Services who managed to remotely download the software update of one of our TVs but had raised a case with Technical Services giving a reference number.  She said that a technician would phone me when the fix for UE22H5600 was ready and they would remotely install this.  I emailed last night for an update and received this answer - may be helpful to others.........

Thank you for your email. Your customer reference number is *********.

We appreciate your time in emailing us today with regards to your Samsung TV. Please allow us to assist you further with your BBC Iplayer's.

Regarding your TV UE37ES5500KXXU can we confirm what's the latest software version running from your TV? Based from our website your TV should be running '1136.0' software version. If you were unable to update the software over the network, you may download the latest software via USB from our website: ( find the model code from our website: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/).  And find the instructions on how to update through this link: from the same link.

About your TV UE22H5600. We are working now on a new software update to rectify the issue, the update will be rolled out once finished. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you require additional support, please contact us on 0333 000 0333 (UK) or 0818 717 100 (EIRE), or respond to this email and we will be more than happy to help. 

KeithLawrence
Student
Options
Thanks for the update - I have the UE22H5600 also, so am awaiting the update too. Hopefully it will be available pre-xmas!
suewoo
Journeyman
Options

Yes, i have just emailed the Samsung agent who sent the email asking how it will be installed - a software update message on the TV or would their technician phone me and download it remotely as they did with my other set?  I mentioned that before Christmas would be very important for Samsung customers in the UK!

0 Likes
Spike7
Apprentice
Options

I put my Tv on auto update and having just checked it’s updated itself to 2127 and I can now watch BBC iPlayer! However, I bought a firestick as after speaking to Samsung wasn’t expecting an update soon.

suewoo
Journeyman
Options

That's great - which model TV do you have?

0 Likes