Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer not working on Ue55es8000 TV

(Topic created on: 30-05-2018 04:16 PM)
Gosloon
Journeyman
Options

BBC iplayer has stopped working on our Ue55es8000 tv. The screen does not get past “LOADING”.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
CarlH
Options

Hi @Gosloon. Have you tried restting Smart Hub? To do this, go to Menu > Smart Hub > Reset Smart Hub. At this point you will be prompted to enter a PIN. If you have not set one up this will be 0000. Let me know if this works.

0 Likes
Gosloon
Journeyman
Options

Hi, sorry I can’ see Smarthub under Menu. All I can see is picture, sound, channel, network, system, support. I tried looking under system. Also tried lookining under Tools.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Apologies, take a look at Menu > Support. Smart Hub is located here. 

0 Likes
Gosloon
Journeyman
Options

When you select Smarthub under Support it just takes you to the Smarthub screen. No mention of reset Smarthub anywhere.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Okay, while in Smart Hub, press the blue button on your remote to go into Settings and then select Reset, @Gosloon. Let me know if that method works. 

0 Likes
Gosloon
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, nothing happens when I press the blue button in Smarthub, even when I am logged in.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Is your software up to date, @Gosloon? The latest version is 2022.0 which can be found here

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Gosloon, ensure you have the latest update as @CarlH advised and if not  download to USB.   This is definitely the procedure to reset the Smart Hub via Manual of Ue55es8000  , open Tools Menu and Select Settings- then Reset.   You can also do a Factory Reset via Support-Self Diagnosis-Reset.   The Tv switches off and then the set up screen appears again.  Hopefully you can find a way to solve the issue.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Gosloon
Journeyman
Options

James, Carl

thank you for all your help. My software was up to date. There was no way to reset the hub, believe me I tried everything. I also tried a general reset and new setup to no avail. Finally I called Samsung helpline (0330 726 7864) and spoke to a very helpful engineer who was able to take control of my TV and finally fix my problem with iPlayer.

Thanks again