Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 06:16 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

I only asked about the dongle as my tv was purchased prior to HLG, HDR10+ so I could not use that as proof.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Good afternoon Mr K******, I am contacting in response to your communication received to the CEO of Samsung UK. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment following your communication with our customer support team.

With regard to the Smart Things dongle, the decision was made for this to not be released, and I recognise that this has caused disappointment for which I offer my apologies. What I can do is provide a SmartThings Hub to you without charge as a gesture of goodwill. Please let me know if you would like to receive this and I can make the arrangements for you.

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.

If I accept this it won’t ruin any chance with Currys refund?

That is all we needed because they have admitted misrepresentation. I suggest this goes to Curry's as proof for everyone who has received a dumb reply from Curry's. This is gold it's from samsung UK head office and they are not denying that they advertised the Smart Connect. Even more importantly they are offering compensation. This is the proof for court and Section 75 and if you bought on credit to get a fukk refund.

I think though if you except this it would be seen as a solution and would stop your claim in respect to the Smart Connect and I am sure that would be a condition of receiving what I think is a poor bribe to stop you action.

I would email Curry's with this reply telling them that Samsung UK have admitted to misrepresentation, and you want a full refund as per the Oct 2015 Eurpeon Consumer regs.

We could not have asked for more

Paul

If I send this email to Curry's won't they tell me to accept their offer to get themselves out of this, ie could it back fire on me?

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Good afternoon Mr K******, I am contacting in response to your communication received to the CEO of Samsung UK. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment following your communication with our customer support team.

With regard to the Smart Things dongle, the decision was made for this to not be released, and I recognise that this has caused disappointment for which I offer my apologies. What I can do is provide a SmartThings Hub to you without charge as a gesture of goodwill. Please let me know if you would like to receive this and I can make the arrangements for you.

if you accept this then you forfeit your right to reject, now you have choice to make, go for refund or accept smart things, this offer is shows some sinceraity on part of Samsung - but you can refuse on grounds that you wanted a unified system not split, think of this way you bought a washer/dryer (or TV/DVD) combo and found out it was missing dryer (or DVD player), you made a calim and the manufacturere offred you additional dryer! so either you accept the offer or reject

and as far as I know, HLG and HDR10+ are grey areas don't think It will be as easy as smart things

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1111 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

That is all we needed because they have admitted misrepresentation. I suggest this goes to Curry's as proof for everyone who has received a dumb reply from Curry's. This is gold it's from samsung UK head office and they are not denying that they advertised the Smart Connect. Even more importantly they are offering compensation. This is the proof for court and Section 75 and if you bought on credit to get a fukk refund.

I think though if you except this it would be seen as a solution and would stop your claim in respect to the Smart Connect and I am sure that would be a condition of receiving what I think is a poor bribe to stop you action.

I would email Curry's with this reply telling them that Samsung UK have admitted to misrepresentation, and you want a full refund as per the Oct 2015 Eurpeon Consumer regs.

Paul

If I send this email to Curry's won't they tell me to accept their offer to get themselves out of this, ie could it back fire on me?

by law they should not tell you that, right to reject is absolute but you cannot have both ways, accept compromise and ask for refund

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

if you accept this then you forfeit your right to reject, now you have choice to make, go for refund or accept smart things, this offer is shows some sinceraity on part of Samsung - but you can refuse on grounds that you wanted a unified system not split, think of this way you bought a washer/dryer (or TV/DVD) combo and found out it was missing dryer (or DVD player), you made a calim and the manufacturere offred you additional dryer! so either you accept the offer or reject

and as far as I know, HLG and HDR10+ are grey areas don't think It will be as easy as smart things

I am just working out if I should send curry's this email because they could just offer the same thing as Samsung which would be an acceptable solution for them but not for me.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

I won't be accepting this offer anyway as I want a full refund or replacement.

0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Please can you explain why HDR10+ is a grey area. This was advertised by Samsung on their News website.  Which clearly says all 2016 models will have an upgrade end of 2017.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@Jay108 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Please can you explain why HDR10+ is a grey area. This was advertised by Samsung on their News website.  Which clearly says all 2016 models will have an upgrade end of 2017.

I suspect it's because it's more difficult to prove you brought the TV upon a promise of HDR10+ rather than buying it and finding out you've been mis-sold.

Could be wrong but that's my guess.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1111 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Paul

They can not force anything on you and you never know if you say the offer is pitiful you may get better, but I think with that admission your case is now very strong. Talk to Citizens Advice, and sending that reply will do no harm and you never know.

Paul

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

I am just working out if I should send curry's this email because they could just offer the same thing as Samsung which would be an acceptable solution for them but not for me.

You have right to reject unless you get exact thing you were promised, but you also have choice to accept the offer

0 Likes