Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 06:16 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Yup I am waiting for Curry's to respond 3 days and counting... tick tock

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Whilst I am waiting for Curry's to respond I spoke to Samsung Support about the SmartThings Extend and they confirmed what we already knew, not shipped in the box and no details whatsoever of anything stating this despite the proof from the Curry's website.

Got a transcript done and sent off an email to the Samsung CEO with everything in there outlining my case as I do not think this will cause any harm to my case with Curry's and I am hoping Samsung come back with a refund code like they did for another chap here so Curry's cannot try and get out of it.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Whilst I am waiting for Curry's to respond I spoke to Samsung Support about the SmartThings Extend and they confirmed what we already knew, not shipped in the box and no details whatsoever of anything stating this despite the proof from the Curry's website.

Got a transcript done and sent off an email to the Samsung CEO with everything in there outlining my case as I do not think this will cause any harm to my case with Curry's and I am hoping Samsung come back with a refund code like they did for another chap here so Curry's cannot try and get out of it.

Does not matter as it is the retailer who HSS to give the refund and you can prove the retailer did advertise the smart connect.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Ah ok was going by what another chap did and he seemed to be successful, hopefully curry's will respond within 5 days so not much longer to wait.

0 Likes
disrember
Explorer
Options

hmmm these gives me a dilemma, I picked by TV as 2015 model that did 4k, HDR and 3D and replacement will not... hmmmm

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Have you been offered a replacement then?

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

On the phone to currys customer services stating they cannot do anything as its outside the 12 month warranty and the 6 year period is only for faulty goods and not those mis-sold.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

On the phone to currys customer services stating they cannot do anything as its outside the 12 month warranty and the 6 year period is only for faulty goods and not those mis-sold.

Use the Which tool, and that will tell you if you have a case. Talking to them is often a waste of time as they will always try to fob you off. When I got my refund they told me on the phone that I had no case, but they did pay up.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Used the which tool but they wanted to speak to me directly on the phone, on hold at the moment

0 Likes
Chris325
Explorer
Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mimpr4a4L-M

Check this out at 37 seconds in. IFA was end August 2016. Confirmed K9000 had HLG and this is exactly what I will be using in my miss selling email I will send to John Lewis tomorrow.