Support

Open search

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

Voyager

I’ve been on 63 since our discussion yesterday afternoon!

Pathfinder

The colour's definitely off on mine tonight. The Russkys' shirts are a lot more orange than red. Colour definitely washed out whereas it was popping last night.

Pathfinder

No improvement with Native colour space and Gamma -3, either.

Pathfinder

A-ha. Switched HDMI input to another and back again and now looking better.  Definitely a problem somewhere - most likely Samsung than BBC. 

Navigator

Has anyone watched the football with the other streaming option and a KS series telly, I can't remember the name of it....arrgh. Cost around £200?

Navigator

@edindundee wrote:

Has anyone watched the football with the other streaming option and a KS series telly, I can't remember the name of it....arrgh. Cost around £200?


At that price I think you may be thinking about the HD Fury Intergral, it doesn't stream though - its a HDCP doctor that has cool work around functions.

Navigator

Thanks Steve, yes that's it. I'm not too bothered about the footie so can wait a bit, and wondered if the Fury will be more future proof than the Roku SS+. So it doesn't stream, it's just a box of tricks that (amongst perhaps other things) can fool a transmitting device into thinking it's sending to an HLG enabled telly?

 

Has anyone watched the football on a KS with the Fury Integral? 

Navigator

@edindundee wrote:

Thanks Steve, yes that's it. I'm not too bothered about the footie so can wait a bit, and wondered if the Fury will be more future proof than the Roku SS+. So it doesn't stream, it's just a box of tricks that (amongst perhaps other things) can fool a transmitting device into thinking it's sending to an HLG enabled telly?

 

Has anyone watched the football on a KS with the Fury Integral? 


Well you still need an external device to access iplayer so I think the Roku is the only one at the moment, fairly sure the virgin box doesn't have the iplayer hlg flavour as yet. 

Voyager

@stevej190 wrote:

@edindundee wrote:

Thanks Steve, yes that's it. I'm not too bothered about the footie so can wait a bit, and wondered if the Fury will be more future proof than the Roku SS+. So it doesn't stream, it's just a box of tricks that (amongst perhaps other things) can fool a transmitting device into thinking it's sending to an HLG enabled telly?

 

Has anyone watched the football on a KS with the Fury Integral? 


Well you still need an external device to access iplayer so I think the Roku is the only one at the moment, fairly sure the virgin box doesn't have the iplayer hlg flavour as yet. 


The Virgin V6 box is part of the trial and sending HLG HDR. 

Navigator

@blenky wrote:

@stevej190 wrote:

@edindundee wrote:

Thanks Steve, yes that's it. I'm not too bothered about the footie so can wait a bit, and wondered if the Fury will be more future proof than the Roku SS+. So it doesn't stream, it's just a box of tricks that (amongst perhaps other things) can fool a transmitting device into thinking it's sending to an HLG enabled telly?

 

Has anyone watched the football on a KS with the Fury Integral? 


Well you still need an external device to access iplayer so I think the Roku is the only one at the moment, fairly sure the virgin box doesn't have the iplayer hlg flavour as yet. 


The Virgin V6 box is part of the trial and sending HLG HDR. 


Ah OK, didn't realise that. I haven't seen any reports from anyone on here reporting how its performing.

Top Liked Authors