Support

Open search

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

Voyager

@amokuk wrote:

You lot should have read the writing on the wall and took them to small claims court months ago when they refused to give us any information on why we would never be getting an update, and trust me you wont be ever getting an update except for a 50% chance of the EDID fix. At this point I would say the chances of ants ever showing his face on this thread again at about 20%, who wants to be the person that tells you you are all suckers? Small claims court would have cost you £60 and you can put that in your claim as an expense. You would have won had you listened to the advice on the sue/refund thread. It's clear cut mis-selling.

 

I  bought my ks8000 specifically for uhd hdr world cup but i shall now be enjoying it on my oled c7 beauty.


not sure what smart things has to do with HLG tbh one was advertised at the point of sale the other was not

 

cheers

Voyager

HLG was advertised as a feature for many KS owners that bought in the latter half of 2017. Im not about to rehash the reasons why you should want to get your money back off samsung for an inferior product that cost you thousands of pounds. read the thread.

Voyager

@amokuk wrote:

HLG was advertised as a feature for many KS owners that bought in the latter half of 2017. Im not about to rehash the reasons why you should want to get your money back off samsung for an inferior product that cost you thousands of pounds. read the thread.


dont need to mate, i understand the difference between misselling and being pissed off about a potential future feature being delivered but not in a way that one would like

 

 

cheers

Hotshot

@amokuk wrote:

You lot should have read the writing on the wall and took them to small claims court months ago when they refused to give us any information on why we would never be getting an update, and trust me you wont be ever getting an update except for a 50% chance of the EDID fix. At this point I would say the chances of ants ever showing his face on this thread again at about 20%, who wants to be the person that tells you you are all suckers? Small claims court would have cost you £60 and you can put that in your claim as an expense. You would have won had you listened to the advice on the sue/refund thread. It's clear cut mis-selling.

 

I  bought my ks8000 specifically for uhd hdr world cup but i shall now be enjoying it on my oled c7 beauty.


Very true and your are right as the mods have been very quite. 

Not sure the Beeb's list is quite right - just thought for giggles I'd pick a couple of random Polaroid sets out  - one of them is 1080p only and the other doesn't support HDR.

 

Hmmm...

Voyager

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

Not sure the Beeb's list is quite right - just thought for giggles I'd pick a couple of random Polaroid sets out  - one of them is 1080p only and the other doesn't support HDR.

 

Hmmm...


yep didnt realise LG had been pumping out so many 77 inch oleds

Voyager

Shame Roku+  is not on the list. £60 well spent 😀. 

 

The Virgin Media V6 box is on as TBC but we are still waiting on firmware for HDR. Also unless Samsung fix the EDID on my KS its more than likely it won't work anyway. Sigh. 


@blenky wrote:

Shame Roku+  is not on the list. £60 well spent 😀. 

 

The Virgin Media V6 box is on as TBC but we are still waiting on firmware for HDR. Also unless Samsung fix the EDID on my KS its more than likely it won't work anyway. Sigh. 


If you're quick, Amazon Warehouse have it on for £50. 

Helping Hand

Here's a count of the supported models from BBC's on-demand Blue Planet list saved on 9th Dec 2017:

9Dec.png

 

Here's the BBC's new list for live streaming devices, saved today:

Today.png

 

That's a huge increase in supported models, if it is correct (quite a big if from recent comments!), from 322 to 776. Lots of manufacturers (other than Samsung) have obviously been working very hard for their customers.

 

 

Woah...

 

"BBC has confirmed that World Cup iPlayer viewers who miss out on 4K resolution will still get HDR with HD stream. No limits on number of viewers for HDR"

 

David Mercer @DavidMercer_SA

 

 

*puts Roku back in the shopping basket*

Top Liked Authors