Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 06:16 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AntS how come we heard this from a third party and not from Samsungs own forum.  Not good. 

0 Likes
amokuk
Voyager
Options
I bought directly from samsung.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@amokukwrote:
I bought directly from samsung.

You have a better chance to argue the HLG but as the article said that Samsung may argue that they have implimented it.  It may be worth asking for clarification on this from the uk CEO office.  The smart connect dongle is another issue of miss selling and so is hdr10+,  as Samsung have advertised these things. 

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

Well, here we go guys. Official confirmation from Samsung that they will never support HLG on iPlayer - 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2018/02/23/samsung-confirms-no-bbc-iplayer-hdr-support-for-i...

Well I guess this is the final nail in the coffin for everyone on this thread then in regards to HLG.

It's been a while since I was on this thread has anyone managed to get any full refunds from currys or john lewis yet?

0 Likes
CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options

@daleski75wrote:

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

Well, here we go guys. Official confirmation from Samsung that they will never support HLG on iPlayer - 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2018/02/23/samsung-confirms-no-bbc-iplayer-hdr-support-for-i...

Well I guess this is the final nail in the coffin for everyone on this thread then in regards to HLG.

It's been a while since I was on this thread has anyone managed to get any full refunds from currys or john lewis yet?

Still battling with Curry’s here mate. In fact I emailed them again today to ask for an update to which they had none and we’re “still awaiting a response between our litigation team and the category manger who handles these goods.”

It’s been 10 working days since they escalated it and all I want is the same outcome you had really as I’d use the vouchers for a camera. If they agree to a full refund or exchange for another brand then even better.

Chris325
Explorer
Options

I am becoming increasingly frustrated at JL and have told them so. Latest email was this morning when the Director Case Relations Case Manager I am dealing with advised "we are conscious of the fact this issue has been ongoing for a number of weeks now. We continue to work on this matter daily and are as keen to provide a resolution as you are. Please be assured we will continue to keep in contact with you until this matter is concluded. I would also like to offer my apologies for the continued delay".

I replied saying Fine, but what does this mean? Am I expected to wait indefinitely etc, etc. No response received so far from JL.

So far it looks like Richer Sounds win hands down on resolving this sorry saga.    

crashcris
Voyager
Options

IF it's NOT poss to activate the HLG (I'm still not convinced), then at least enable 4k UHD iplayer on all the Samsung smart 4k UHD TVs such as the JS and KS ranges.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

@daleski75wrote:

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

Still battling with Curry’s here mate. In fact I emailed them again today to ask for an update to which they had none and we’re “still awaiting a response between our litigation team and the category manger who handles these goods.”

It’s been 10 working days since they escalated it and all I want is the same outcome you had really as I’d use the vouchers for a camera. If they agree to a full refund or exchange for another brand then even better.

That's really bad I had so much less hassle in getting the results I did, I hope you get what you deserve from them and possibly more because of all the hassle they have put you through.

0 Likes
amokuk
Voyager
Options

Because according to that explaination they can't, the delivery method would still be DASH. I call BS on this excuse. Netflix uses DASH as far as i know and they do 4k and HDR.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75wrote:

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

@daleski75wrote:

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

That's really bad I had so much less hassle in getting the results I did, I hope you get what you deserve from them and possibly more because of all the hassle they have put you through.

I think they are just wasting your time.  It does not take this long for them to make a decision. They are just hoping you will go away.  I think you need ask what us the delay and ask for a date for a response,  which is not unreasonable. I would suggest those who paid by credit card start section 75 proceedings which may focus there thoughts.