Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 06:16 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
Chris325
Explorer
Options

Hi Mat, you may want to look at my post at the bottom of page 111 as a way of circumventing the local shop. I have a case number at JL Head Office and a contact name at Hayley Moore. If anyone who bought at JL contacts her quoting my case number then very quickly she will see there is a trend. Thanks Chris

Jep_uk
Pioneer
Options

@matlough wrote:

Hi all,

Just joined the this forum and have been reading the last 100 odd posts with great interest.  I own a 60KS7000 and have now started the route to a refund or replacement with JL. I've started with a simple support request email via their website. Initial response has been along the lines of ' ....Having reviewed your case, our Customer Support Team are best placed to resolve this for you... they will be in contact within 72 hrs etc etc..' 

I'm pretty sure they are getting a few requests of this type so hopefully won't be too long before a reply. 

I got mine from JL also, but holding off any action at the moment as waiting for new tvs to come out as nothing is really appealling to me. The new LG SK range looks promising though. 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Quick bit of googling and this could be quite expensive if you lose 

https://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/individuals/srvdisputes/small_claims_guide/if_i_lose/

Couple of things here , firstly Curry's have admitted to misrepresentation on 2 counts, by agreeing to replace and telling you the information was incorrect. Also always consult with Citizens Advice. With the information you have I have a good idea what they will suggest. Also it says if you are being unreasonable it can increase costs and I think that may be Curry's. Also it works the other way and you can claim the same.

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Spoke to a mate last night about all this and he reckons by offering me a tv they have accepted responsibility for misrepresentation and found it funny that Currys have offered me such a low end tv.

@hdmi I did think that about the in-store voucher but I reckon if I give them more choices they maybe more willing to accept my terms.

Also if the tv is faulty I can return it within 14 or so days to get a full refund unless I am mistaken?

I am pretty certain he is right and some on here agree.

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@matlough wrote:

Hi all,

Just joined the this forum and have been reading the last 100 odd posts with great interest.  I own a 60KS7000 and have now started the route to a refund or replacement with JL. I've started with a simple support request email via their website. Initial response has been along the lines of ' ....Having reviewed your case, our Customer Support Team are best placed to resolve this for you... they will be in contact within 72 hrs etc etc..' 

I'm pretty sure they are getting a few requests of this type so hopefully won't be too long before a reply. 

@matlough wrote:

Hi all,

Someone here has been told by JL that they will replace for misrepresentation.

Paul

0 Likes
matlough
Explorer
Options

@Chris325 wrote:

Hi Mat, you may want to look at my post at the bottom of page 111 as a way of circumventing the local shop. I have a case number at JL Head Office and a contact name at Hayley Moore. If anyone who bought at JL contacts her quoting my case number then very quickly she will see there is a trend. Thanks Chris

Many thanks. Will wait until the 'Customer support team' get back to me and then I'll mention your case.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

So whos is brave enough to take this all the way to the small claims court?

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Spoke to a mate last night about all this and he reckons by offering me a tv they have accepted responsibility for misrepresentation and found it funny that Currys have offered me such a low end tv.

@hdmi I did think that about the in-store voucher but I reckon if I give them more choices they maybe more willing to accept my terms.

Also if the tv is faulty I can return it within 14 or so days to get a full refund unless I am mistaken?

For faulty good - if fault is reported within 6 months then if you ask for refund - no deductions, otherwise negotiate with ratiler how much they want to deduct

As fr misrepresenation same thing aaplies for for fisrt 6 months then but not sure how price reduction works after that time, I would sugest you to talk to trading standards about your option under section 24 and if the price reduction offred by retailer is fair (which I dont think is) - check with citizens advice if your case will hold up in small claims court

If citizens advice or trading standards support you then you ive one nfinal notice to currys and also add that their compensation is unfair and you are going to report them to Advertising Standards Authority!

Here are your rights u der consumer rights act

Part 1 — Consumer contracts for goods, digital content and services
Chapter 2 — Goods

11 Goods to be as described
(1) Every contract to supply goods by description is to be treated as including a
term that the goods will match the description.
(2) If the supply is by sample as well as by description, it is not sufficient that the
bulk of the goods matches the sample if the goods do not also match the
description.
(3) A supply of goods is not prevented from being a supply by description just
because—
(a) the goods are exposed for supply, and
(b) they are selected by the consumer.
(4) Any information that is provided by the trader about the goods and is
information mentioned in paragraph (a) of Schedule 1 or 2 to the Consumer
Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations
2013 (SI 2013/3134) (main characteristics of goods) is to be treated as included
as a term of the contract.
(5) A change to any of that information, made before entering into the contract or
later, is not effective unless expressly agreed between the consumer and the
trader.
(6) See section 2(5) and (6) for the application of subsections (4) and (5) where
goods are sold at public auction.
Consumer Rights Act 2015 (c. 15)

(7) See section 19 for a consumer’s rights if the trader is in breach of a term that
this section requires to be treated as included in a contract.

19 Consumer’s rights to enforce terms about goods
(1) In this section and sections 22 to 24 references to goods conforming to a
contract are references to—
(a) the goods conforming to the terms described in sections 9, 10, 11, 13 and
(b) the goods not failing to conform to the contract under section 15 or 16,
and
(c) the goods conforming to requirements that are stated in the contract.
(2) But, for the purposes of this section and sections 22 to 24, a failure to conform
as mentioned in subsection (1)(a) to (c) is not a failure to conform to the contract
if it has its origin in materials supplied by the consumer.
(3) If the goods do not conform to the contract because of a breach of any of the
terms described in sections 9, 10, 11, 13 and 14, or if they do not conform to the
contract under section 16, the consumer’s rights (and the provisions about
them and when they are available) are—
(a) the short-term right to reject (sections 20 and 22);
(b) the right to repair or replacement (section 23); and
(c) the right to a price reduction or the final right to reject (sections 20 and
24).

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

For faulty good - if fault is reported within 6 months then if you ask for refund - no deductions, otherwise negotiate with ratiler how much they want to deduct

As fr misrepresenation same thing aaplies for for fisrt 6 months then but not sure how price reduction works after that time, I would sugest you to talk to trading standards about your option under section 24 and if the price reduction offred by retailer is fair (which I dont think is) - check with citizens advice if your case will hold up in small claims court

If citizens advice or trading standards support you then you ive one nfinal notice to currys and also add that their compensation is unfair and you are going to report them to Advertising Standards Authority!

Here are your rights u der consumer rights act

Part 1 — Consumer contracts for goods, digital content and services
Chapter 2 — Goods

11 Goods to be as described
(1) Every contract to supply goods by description is to be treated as including a
term that the goods will match the description.
(2) If the supply is by sample as well as by description, it is not sufficient that the
bulk of the goods matches the sample if the goods do not also match the
description.
(3) A supply of goods is not prevented from being a supply by description just
because—
(a) the goods are exposed for supply, and
(b) they are selected by the consumer.
(4) Any information that is provided by the trader about the goods and is
information mentioned in paragraph (a) of Schedule 1 or 2 to the Consumer
Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations
2013 (SI 2013/3134) (main characteristics of goods) is to be treated as included
as a term of the contract.
(5) A change to any of that information, made before entering into the contract or
later, is not effective unless expressly agreed between the consumer and the
trader.
(6) See section 2(5) and (6) for the application of subsections (4) and (5) where
goods are sold at public auction.

(7) See section 19 for a consumer’s rights if the trader is in breach of a term that
this section requires to be treated as included in a contract.

19 Consumer’s rights to enforce terms about goods
(1) In this section and sections 22 to 24 references to goods conforming to a
contract are references to—
(a) the goods conforming to the terms described in sections 9, 10, 11, 13 and
(b) the goods not failing to conform to the contract under section 15 or 16,
and
(c) the goods conforming to requirements that are stated in the contract.
(2) But, for the purposes of this section and sections 22 to 24, a failure to conform
as mentioned in subsection (1)(a) to (c) is not a failure to conform to the contract
if it has its origin in materials supplied by the consumer.
(3) If the goods do not conform to the contract because of a breach of any of the
terms described in sections 9, 10, 11, 13 and 14, or if they do not conform to the
contract under section 16, the consumer’s rights (and the provisions about
them and when they are available) are—
(a) the short-term right to reject (sections 20 and 22);
(b) the right to repair or replacement (section 23); and
(c) the right to a price reduction or the final right to reject (sections 20 and
24).

Will see what they come back with and then will contact citizens advice and trading standards to see what they think.

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Quick bit of googling and this could be quite expensive if you lose 

https://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/individuals/srvdisputes/small_claims_guide/if_i_lose/

Although there's no chance you will loose but just check with trading standards about your choices, if people are talking about mass action then it is better to consult with trading standards or citizens advice, as if enough complaints come  they take action  also report retailers for smartthings to advertising standards agency

If you consult a solicitor for mass action they may take up the case but they will pocket most of money not you

0 Likes