Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 06:16 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Awesome hopefully Currys will do the same.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Awesome hopefully Currys will do the same.

JL would have taken this to their legal and this is the result, which tells us we do have a case so Curry's will almost certainly know of this so I expect that last denial was a last ditch attempt to get of this. The link

http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

should bring them round. They can not say it's ot their advertising!

Paul

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Also might be worth posting in KS refund and Samsung refund thread.

barrybrown
Explorer
Options

hi

fella for what are JL replacing the tv is it for misrepresentation misselling because i have richersounds trying to contact me and if ur haveing sucess with JL i need to let them know.

regards b

Sam-Knp
Navigator
Options

the replacement is due to smart things not being provided till date, and there is no chance that we will get the newest firmware for it..

barrybrown
Explorer
Options

thanks for the reply

regards barry

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Sam-Knp wrote:

the replacement is due to smart things not being provided till date, and there is no chance that we will get the newest firmware for it..

In other words MISREPRESENTATION. Oct 2015 European Consumer Regs.

This result could also be useful reported on AV Forums as well.

Well Done again

Paul

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

I am pretty sure Richer sounds had the same advert as JL, but looks like they have taken it down. If they have taken it down to stop any claims of misrepresentation then they may be a case of reporting them to Citizens Advice who will pass it through to Trading Standards. I think to remove advertising that people used to decide on any product to escape misrepresentation may be illegal and that is a question foe Citizens Advice. You could still ask if they have removed their promotional information for the 2016 Samsung smart TV's. If they say no then ask for the link to it. If they say they did not have any then we know they are lying. Either way what ever they say will be in writing and will be evidence. One down more to go.

Paul

Jay108
Voyager
Options

@Sam-Knp wrote:

Update - got a call from my retailer "we have made a decision to replace your TV", we will call in due course to discuss this further." 

I need help from you guys - (1) if they decide to replace/swap my TV for a samsung - what do I do? accept / reject??

(2) if accept then what is the guarantee that the model (2017) wont be made obsolete by samsung in few months?

(3) if they offer me another brand to choose from what is your suggestion? i am a lot iffy of OLEDs as they tend to burn the image - quite a few family/friends had this problem with B7s (LGs) - while watching news channels particularly (very confused on this one) - help!!!

(3) if at all i HAVE to choose from samsung - which model do you guys suggest?

its very stressful all over again - researching for the best TV for the money (£1699) - which should be "future proof"

thanks in advance for your help!

This is really good News. I also bought Ks9500 78 Tv from JL 7 months ago. I will also contact JL for refund or replacement. 

Would be happy to share with use a template of your email you sent to JL. I think it would help most of KS owner who want to get rid of this model. Thanks in advance.

Jay108
Voyager
Options
Would you be happy to share with us a template of your email you sent to JL. I think it would help most of KS owner who want to get rid of this model. Thanks in advance.