Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 06:16 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
JTE
Navigator
Options

I also purchased the HU9000 and have advised retailer intention to

submit  Small Court Claim on grounds it is neither smart or future proof as promised. Samsung rely on early adopters paying pre I’m prices to support new technology. Retailer has written to Samsung before advising their position but as I understand Samsung have dropped One Box entirely now and only committed to firmware updated for 2016 TVs: Odly, I purchased on store interest free credit and under the Consumer Credit Act section 75 can also make a request for full refund as goods are not as described and can first easily ask FSA to interveine if retailer refuses a refund which removes the £110 risk of a Small Claim at County Court.

JTE
Navigator
Options

I also purchased the HU55JS9000 and have advised retailer intention to

submit  Small Court Claim on grounds it is neither smart or future proof as promised. Samsung rely on early adopters paying premium prices to support new technology. Retailer has written to Samsung before advising their position but as I understand Samsung have dropped One Box entirely now and only committed to firmware updated for 2016 TVs: Odly, I purchased on store interest free credit and under the Consumer Credit Act section 75 can also make a request for full refund as goods are not as described and can first easily ask FSA to interveine if retailer refuses a refund which removes the £110 risk of a Small Claim at County Court.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Here is my letter of intent.

Ref: Mis-selling of goods

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct with regards to the following matters which have arisen between us:

On the 25th of July 2016. I would like to return the goods as I have been mis-sold.

The Samsung 55KS7000 is not as described. At the point of purchase, I paid £1399. I was led to believe that the TV would come with a smart things extender (see link below from your website) which it didn’t and I only brought this on reading this would be enabled and supplied with the television.

Here is a link from your website as well as an extract for further proof.

http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As a result of these matters I am entitled to and intend to claim the following:

A full refund of £1399 or a replacement of my choosing.

I intend to rely on the following documents in support of my claim:

A copy of the website stating the television would come with the Smart Things Extender.

If you dispute my claim I can confirm that I would be agreeable to mediation and would consider any other system of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in order to avoid the need for this matter to be resolved by the courts.

In this regard, I would invite you to put forward any proposals.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 28 days. Should I not receive a response to my letter within this time frame, then I anticipate that a legal claim will be commenced forthwith.

JTE
Navigator
Options

My letter to Retailer is very similar. Don’t forget section 75 of Consumer Credit Act if purchased on Credit CArd or Store credit which can be followed with application to Financial Services Ombudsman if refund is refused.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cardsloans/article-2605929/Find-rights-credit-card-refund-Section...

@daleski75 wrote:

Here is my letter of intent.

Ref: Mis-selling of goods

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct with regards to the following matters which have arisen between us:

On the 25th of July 2016. I would like to return the goods as I have been mis-sold.

The Samsung 55KS7000 is not as described. At the point of purchase, I paid £1399. I was led to believe that the TV would come with a smart things extender (see link below from your website) which it didn’t and I only brought this on reading this would be enabled and supplied with the television.

Here is a link from your website as well as an extract for further proof.

http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As a result of these matters I am entitled to and intend to claim the following:

A full refund of £1399 or a replacement of my choosing.

I intend to rely on the following documents in support of my claim:

A copy of the website stating the television would come with the Smart Things Extender.

If you dispute my claim I can confirm that I would be agreeable to mediation and would consider any other system of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in order to avoid the need for this matter to be resolved by the courts.

In this regard, I would invite you to put forward any proposals.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 28 days. Should I not receive a response to my letter within this time frame, then I anticipate that a legal claim will be commenced forthwith.

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

@sorry I was meant to quote you @daleski75 as it was your email I copied and sent to Currys.

Not holding my breath to be honest as can’t afford to start legal proceedings. Would be great if they did offer an exchange which I said on the email I’d be happy with also as the LG B7 is on offer at the moment.

Or I’d be happy with store vouchers if it came to it if they don’t want to provide a refund as such. Would just have to do with my old cheap LG (but doesn’t suffer from flickering playing PS4 or have juddering issues watching some programs on Sky like the Samsung does) until I saved enough for an LG.

Understand and respect your choice of not pursuing legal course, but that is exactly what Curry's are counting on unfortunately you will have to accept the consequence i.e. status quo, I on the other hand have making progress and if Curry's try anything funny I will make it expensive for them 😀

amokuk
Voyager
Options

Samsung, if it wasnt clear before that you have crossed the line by not supporting the tv playback capabilities (not sure how it wasn't) then it surely is now. We will make it hurt you financially.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

@sorry I was meant to quote you @daleski75 as it was your email I copied and sent to Currys.

Not holding my breath to be honest as can’t afford to start legal proceedings. Would be great if they did offer an exchange which I said on the email I’d be happy with also as the LG B7 is on offer at the moment.

Or I’d be happy with store vouchers if it came to it if they don’t want to provide a refund as such. Would just have to do with my old cheap LG (but doesn’t suffer from flickering playing PS4 or have juddering issues watching some programs on Sky like the Samsung does) until I saved enough for an LG.

Understand and respect your choice of not pursuing legal course, but that is exactly what Curry's are counting on unfortunately you will have to accept the consequence i.e. status quo, I on the other hand have making progress and if Curry's try anything funny I will make it expensive for them 😀

What progress are you making?

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@JTE wrote:

I also purchased the HU55JS9000 and have advised retailer intention to

submit  Small Court Claim on grounds it is neither smart or future proof as promised. Samsung rely on early adopters paying premium prices to support new technology. Retailer has written to Samsung before advising their position but as I understand Samsung have dropped One Box entirely now and only committed to firmware updated for 2016 TVs: Odly, I purchased on store interest free credit and under the Consumer Credit Act section 75 can also make a request for full refund as goods are not as described and can first easily ask FSA to interveine if retailer refuses a refund which removes the £110 risk of a Small Claim at County Court.

I did mine on 12 months buy now pay later in store does this mean I can claim under section 75?

quick google and this is not the case as section 75 does not apply if the lender is also the supplier in which case Currys are.

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

48 to 72 hour wait for returns authorization code as Samsung seem to be playing ball

0 Likes
JTE
Navigator
Options

I suspect that if you check the agreement it will say that it was regulated by the Consumer Credit Act and if so the answer is YES. If they refuse a refund you can refer the matter to FSA free of charge.