Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 15-12-2018 11:30 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
crashcris
Voyager
Options

@chopples123 wrote:

Probably a typo mate, there are 2 updates, one for ks and the other for ku

cheers

LOL. I think you're right. It's such a hard life being an optomist. I mean, I know I've read a thousand times that the JS I have will never be as good as it should, but gosh, did my heart leap at the thought of an update only to be dashed so quickly.

rozel
Voyager
Options

Guys it's all on here if you read up a little.  One is for the KS and the other for the KU - J series are not covered by this firmware

0 Likes
Robertjan88
Explorer
Options

@rozel wrote:

Guys it's all on here if you read up a little.  One is for the KS and the other for the KU - J series are not covered by this firmware

You do know this topic has almost 500 pages? Most people, like I myself, don't have the time nor interest to go through them all. 😄

It would be great if the topic owner would update the first article with all relevant information. This is also done e.g. on forums like Notebookreview.

New people can just move to the first page of the topic to see all relevant updated information. :smiling-face:

Sooo which link is the KS version and which one the KU?

chopples123
Voyager
Options

@Robertjan88 wrote:

@rozel wrote:

You do know this topic has almost 500 pages? Most people, like I myself, don't have the time nor interest to go through them all. 😄

It would be great if the topic owner would update the first article with all relevant information. This is also done e.g. on forums like Notebookreview.

New people can just move to the first page of the topic to see all relevant updated information. :smiling-face:

Sooo which link is the KS version and which one the KU?

T-JZMDEUC = KS 

T-JZL6DEUC=KU

cheers

blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@chopples123 wrote:

@crashcris wrote:

@blenky wrote:

I think one is for the K and the other for the J series

J series? Which models of the J series? I didn't think there were any of the J series being updated. Many thanks.

Probably a typo mate, there are 2 updates, one for ks and the other for ku

cheers

Yes my bad - sorry for the confusion!

crashcris
Voyager
Options

@rozel wrote:

Guys it's all on here if you read up a little.

There's no need to be shirty nor condescending. If you'd read my 2 posts correctly, you'd have realised that I was mearly bringing the statement from Blenky into question so that it could be corrected so as NOT to misinform others, which has duely been done. I'd like to thank @blenky for his contributions to this topic.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@crashcris wrote:

@rozel wrote:

Guys it's all on here if you read up a little.

There's no need to be shirty nor condescending. If you'd read my 2 posts correctly, you'd have realised that I was mearly bringing the statement from Blenky into question so that it could be corrected so as NOT to misinform others, which has duely been done. I'd like to thank @blenky for his contributions to this topic.

I better not say anything.

Robertjan88
Explorer
Options

Does this update just introduce HLG or also other improvements? I assume the improvements from 1231 (dynamic contrast etc) are also included like with any other firmware update?

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@Robertjan88 wrote:

Does this update just introduce HLG or also other improvements? I assume the improvements from 1231 (dynamic contrast etc) are also included like with any other firmware update?

What dynamic contrast and other  improvements do you mean?  I jumped straight to 1239 and missed out on 1231.  I have not noticed anything other than HLG over HDMI.

0 Likes
dunwell
Voyager
Options

As per my post yesterday, I am certain the colour / gamma curve issue which was in 1231 and previous versions has also been fixed. This pertains specifically to HLG over HDMI pictures.