Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 08-12-2018 01:42 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
shimceltic
Pioneer
Options

Still waiting on my USB stick. How long did everyone's take?

0 Likes
Mylo75
Pioneer
Options

I got mine today, oh wait there was no usb pen in the package just a letter saying what to do. Typical Samsung can't even get posting a simple usb pen right! 

0 Likes
Wally12
Explorer
Options

I applied on 28th Nov and I'm still waiting.

I contacted them yesterday and they said

their records say "Sent on 28th" . They also

said that it is done within UK by a third party.

They confirmed address was correct. Guy

on phone was apologetic and said he would

chase it up.

0 Likes
edindundee
Pioneer
Options

2 days.

0 Likes
Robertjan88
Explorer
Options

Maybe I missed something, but what USB is everyone talking about?

I have a KS8000 and would love to enable HLG over HDMI for my camera, which is recording that standard. :smiling-face:

Thanks!

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Robertjan88 wrote:

Maybe I missed something, but what USB is everyone talking about?

I have a KS8000 and would love to enable HLG over HDMI for my camera, which is recording that standard. :smiling-face:

Thanks!

Think you need to go back a few pages and read. 

0 Likes
Robertjan88
Explorer
Options

So, if I understand it correctly, the USB is to update the firmware to 1239 which will enable HLG over HDMI on the KS series from 2018?

Why did Samsung only just release 1231 officially? Will the 1239 be pushed at a later time for everyone?

What about 1240? I read that there were some issues with HLG which were only fixed for some in 1240. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
crashcris
Voyager
Options

Good news for fans of the BBC Dynasties series. Originally, the BBC website stated that the UHD Iplayer streams were to be stopped on the 11/12/2018, which would have been tomorrow. However I just checked again and they now say "Each episode will be available to watch in Ultra HD after the programme is shown on BBC One until Tuesday 8 January. After this date, only the HD and SD versions will be available on BBC iPlayer." https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/latest-news/dynasties-uhd

So at least all of you awaiting the USB with the update for your KS tellies will still have plenty of time to watch the beautiful series in all its UHD HDR glory.

Wally12
Explorer
Options

Still no USB stick for 1239.1   I applied on 28 Nov. It is now 11 Dec.

I have phoned them a few days ago and they said it was sent on 28th.

I'll try phoning again tomorrow.

0 Likes
shimceltic
Pioneer
Options

Still waiting here also 

0 Likes