Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 30-11-2018 10:14 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
CarlH
Options

No problem, @tigernike1. Send me a PM and I can take it from there :smiling-face:

Onpoint
Explorer
Options

Got the usb update, I can confirm HDR/HLG working with the Amazon firestick, Dynasties looks great!

Xrpninja
Apprentice
Options

Firestick is not listed as a supported device on iPlayer site. Are you sure it’s using HLG? 

0 Likes
Kendo88
Explorer
Options

Fire stick isn’t listed, but I don’t think Roku is listed either. Think it’s only a list of TV’s not STB’s

0 Likes
TastyBurger666
Voyager
Options

@Xrpninja wrote:

Firestick is not listed as a supported device on iPlayer site. Are you sure it’s using HLG? 

Firestick 4k is working correctly. Delivers the same quality of picture I saw on an LG back in the summer.

Colours no longer look washed out. Also confirm Dynasties looks great.

blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@Kendo88 wrote:

Fire stick isn’t listed, but I don’t think Roku is listed either. Think it’s only a list of TV’s not STB’s

Roku+ is listed.  The Firestick isn't but I've read a number of posts where owners are now getting HDR since installing the new firmware.

0 Likes
TastyBurger666
Voyager
Options

@blenky wrote:

@Kendo88 wrote:

Roku+ is listed.  The Firestick isn't but I've read a number of posts where owners are now getting HDR since installing the new firmware.

The Firestick has been out all of what, a few weeks? The Roku+ at this point is the next to drop off the range on the next refresh.

I didn't need to update my Firestick to get HDR, worked out the box. Got it yesterday.

Also the HDR10+ talk should stop, the set is incapable of supporting the Wildvine API's HDR10+ needs. We all know this, it's not a new discussion.

blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

@blenky wrote:

@Kendo88 wrote:

The Firestick has been out all of what, a few weeks? The Roku+ at this point is the next to drop off the range on the next refresh.

I didn't need to update my Firestick to get HDR, worked out the box. Got it yesterday.

Also the HDR10+ talk should stop, the set is incapable of supporting the Wildvine API's HDR10+ needs. We all know this, it's not a new discussion.

"The Roku+ at this point is the next to drop off the range on the next refresh."

What do you mean by that?  The Roku+ has been part of all the BBC trials from the start and I don't see that changing.  Good to see with the Firestick there is an other alternative.

TastyBurger666
Voyager
Options

@blenky wrote:

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

@blenky wrote:

@Kendo88 wrote:

"The Roku+ at this point is the next to drop off the range on the next refresh."

What do you mean by that?  The Roku+ has been part of all the BBC trials from the start and I don't see that changing.  Good to see with the Firestick there is an other alternative.

The Roku product line-up was refeshed in September with updated hardware for 2019, including updated remotes to be more like the new Alexa remote. 

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

@blenky wrote:

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

@blenky wrote:

@Kendo88 wrote:

The Roku product line-up was refeshed in September with updated hardware for 2019, including updated remotes to be more like the new Alexa remote. 

True but I still don't see the Roku+ stopping support for HLG in iPlayer.  Just got the v9 update and its still there.