Support

Open search

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

CarlH Moderator

No problem, @tigernike1. Send me a PM and I can take it from there

Explorer

Got the usb update, I can confirm HDR/HLG working with the Amazon firestick, Dynasties looks great!

Apprentice

Firestick is not listed as a supported device on iPlayer site. Are you sure it’s using HLG? 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Fire stick isn’t listed, but I don’t think Roku is listed either. Think it’s only a list of TV’s not STB’s

@Xrpninja wrote:

Firestick is not listed as a supported device on iPlayer site. Are you sure it’s using HLG? 

Firestick 4k is working correctly. Delivers the same quality of picture I saw on an LG back in the summer.

Colours no longer look washed out. Also confirm Dynasties looks great.

Voyager

@Kendo88 wrote:

Fire stick isn’t listed, but I don’t think Roku is listed either. Think it’s only a list of TV’s not STB’s

Roku+ is listed.  The Firestick isn't but I've read a number of posts where owners are now getting HDR since installing the new firmware.

@blenky wrote:

@Kendo88 wrote:

Roku+ is listed.  The Firestick isn't but I've read a number of posts where owners are now getting HDR since installing the new firmware.

The Firestick has been out all of what, a few weeks? The Roku+ at this point is the next to drop off the range on the next refresh.

I didn't need to update my Firestick to get HDR, worked out the box. Got it yesterday.

Also the HDR10+ talk should stop, the set is incapable of supporting the Wildvine API's HDR10+ needs. We all know this, it's not a new discussion.

Voyager

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

@blenky wrote:

@Kendo88 wrote:

The Firestick has been out all of what, a few weeks? The Roku+ at this point is the next to drop off the range on the next refresh.

I didn't need to update my Firestick to get HDR, worked out the box. Got it yesterday.

Also the HDR10+ talk should stop, the set is incapable of supporting the Wildvine API's HDR10+ needs. We all know this, it's not a new discussion.

"The Roku+ at this point is the next to drop off the range on the next refresh."

What do you mean by that?  The Roku+ has been part of all the BBC trials from the start and I don't see that changing.  Good to see with the Firestick there is an other alternative.

@blenky wrote:

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

@blenky wrote:

@Kendo88 wrote:

"The Roku+ at this point is the next to drop off the range on the next refresh."

What do you mean by that?  The Roku+ has been part of all the BBC trials from the start and I don't see that changing.  Good to see with the Firestick there is an other alternative.

The Roku product line-up was refeshed in September with updated hardware for 2019, including updated remotes to be more like the new Alexa remote. 

Voyager

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

@blenky wrote:

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

@blenky wrote:

@Kendo88 wrote:

The Roku product line-up was refeshed in September with updated hardware for 2019, including updated remotes to be more like the new Alexa remote. 

True but I still don't see the Roku+ stopping support for HLG in iPlayer.  Just got the v9 update and its still there.

Top Liked Authors