Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 29-11-2018 04:19 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
stevej190
Pioneer
Options

@blenky wrote:

Got the USB disk from Samsung today.  So hopefully those who also went down that route should be getting theirs soon as well.

What size storage is it? Hoping for a decent 16GB at least as compensation!!

0 Likes
Dazeboy
Explorer
Options

Probably been spoken about before and probably answered but I just bought the m9000 4k Bluray player cheap do you think this will ever be updated to support the hgl iplayer app? Or does this have the same problem as the ks 8000 ect  

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

Its a 8GB stick and has the following firmwares

T-JZL6DEUC
T-JZMDEUC

tigernike1
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the update link,i have now downloaded it,i am correct in saying that this firmware is for all the samsung ks series tv,s ? as my model is the ue65ks9500 and i live in the uk,i would not want to install this firmware and find that it is only for the italian models,thanks in advance for all your replies,i have seen on here that someone has received the samsung usb stick and he has said it has 2 files on the usb,was wondering what the reason for that is? i am only asking questions before i install the firmware to avoid trouble,have you noticed anything else with the firmware?when i updated the 1231.1 firmware yesterday,i thought the picture look a little worse,i did a full picture reset and am still not sure if it is any better,maybe my eyes?

thank you again paul

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

Read my posts.   I  have a KS9500 and got my firmware from a "friend"  in Italy on Monday.   Works flawlessly.   One fw is for KU sets,  the other is for KS ones.   Just research a bit on here and go to Samsung support website for your TV.   There you will be able to download USB update manual and will tell you which d

Software version you put on memory stick.

0 Likes
tigernike1
First Poster
Options

hi,

thank you for your reply,i shall have a read,anything i need to know that is important?

paul

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

Just edited my post - hope it helps some more

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

And another slight edit - ***** predictive txt

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@tigernike1 wrote:

hi,

thank you for your reply,i shall have a read,anything i need to know that is important?

paul

Don't worry. Your tv will only install firmware that is correct. It will ignore anything else

0 Likes
tigernike1
First Poster
Options
thank you for sharing the download last night ,i shall give it ago later,have you noticed anything else that is new? better picture? etc
thanks paul
0 Likes