Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 15-06-2018 12:35 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
amokuk
Voyager
Options

An absolutely hilarious statement from Samsung/Ants. Final statement, ie you can all just shut up and ***** off now. You should have read the writing on the wall in January, this was the only outcome that was ever going to happen. You should have taken them to court over miselling and got your money back by utilising the information in the other thread and using every possible reason. They think you are mugs and to be honest they are right. TAKE THEM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT. It will cost you £60 and you will get that back. The smart things dongle is a home run case of mis-selling. It's too late now for the world cup, the procedure will take well over a month to come to an end, but at least you will have the satifaction of hurting samsung. Their legal representation costs them a fortune in itself.

Samsung is out of my life never to return.

crashcris
Voyager
Options

@amokuk   Yes, but of course the one thing most JS and KS owners will agree on is that they have great pictures and were the last in line to do 3D. Whilst not everybody cares for 3D, those that do would be reluctant to lose that facility on a newer TV. If the newer OLEDs did 3D and 4K, HLG HDR, HDR10 etc, I'd drop my JS in a heartbeat.

0 Likes
gfsracing
Navigator
Options

anyone with a roku accepted on 4k HLG stream

0 Likes
Balb0wa
Apprentice
Options

watching on my panny 50 inch, played the test loop uhd fine, not even sure the iplayer is in HD for this! 

Balb0wa
Apprentice
Options

20180615_123629.jpg

TastyBurger666
Voyager
Options

The stream crapped out and they reset it - but watching it in UHD on the work's LG. Looks great!

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

The stream crapped out and they reset it - but watching it in UHD on the work's LG. Looks great!

My friend as told me he is watching on his Hience which was not on the list. 

0 Likes
amokuk
Voyager
Options

Ks series didnt do 3d

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

Nowt on Roku other than same old football loop 😞

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

Ahh joy.  My cup runneth over.  Accessed by selecting iPlayer Beta then select BBC 1.then the match, then it gives you option to watch in UHD

0 Likes