Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-06-2018 09:18 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
rozel
Voyager
Options

Paul,  in the nicest way,  please stop justifying things you previously said.   Play nice

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@rozel wrote:

Paul,  in the nicest way,  please stop justifying things you previously said.   Play nice

Sorry just so annoyed that this information did not come ages ago as Samsung must have know and we have all been strung along,  with misinformation trying to muddy the waters and discredit the thread .

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

The Virgin Media V6 box WAS in the BBC device list as *TBC*.  The *TBC* has now gone so it is a fully supported device - ho hum. 

So lets get this in straight.  I have a Ruku+ which wills end HLG but is unsupported and a V6 which will not send HLG which is supported.  You've got to laugh!

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@blenky wrote:

The Virgin Media V6 box WAS in the BBC device list as *TBC*.  The *TBC* has now gone so it is a fully supported device - ho hum. 

So lets get this in straight.  I have a Ruku+ which wills end HLG but is unsupported and a V6 which will not send HLG which is supported.  You've got to laugh!

I've been told off for repeating myself but yes lol. 

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

@blenky wrote:

No info that the V6 is now supported is new 😆

0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

@blenky wrote:

But v6 will not work on our kS models?

0 Likes
jordanwebbo90
Pioneer
Options

@blenky wrote:

You can’t help but laugh but I don’t think the Roku is completely dead in the water, we will know for sure once the world cup starts.

0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

If roku does work most of us will be happy. But the fact that it is still not on the supported device list concerns me.

0 Likes
dunwell
Voyager
Options

Forgive me being so contradictory but I don't think most of us will be happy.

If the Roku works during the World Cup then great. It's a one off showpiece event which would be great to enjoy (roughly half of) the matches in HDR.

But what after that? What when Virgin and Sky launch their services later in the year. The BBC are only ever going to have limited HLG content on the iPlayer app until this technology is established. By the end of the year I'm expecting Virgin and Sky to be showing an array of sports, films and drama in HLG which the Roku is not going to help us one bit with.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options
Well said.
0 Likes