Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 03-06-2018 10:50 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@sinjin wrote:

Hi I have a Roku plus and I can’t get the UHD trial on the iPlayer 

i can access the Southampton v West Brom loop but the UHD Trial says temporary problem 02001

i have a KS607000

You need to swap to the iPlayer beta player first.  then the loop will work.

rozel
Voyager
Options

I have a Roku Plus and I can access the Southampton v West Brom loop.  I thought that was the UHD Trial?  Is there something else I'm missing here?  I'm in iPlayer Beta but all I get is the loop.

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

That is why it is so important to get every thing advertised about any product from any retailer recorded just in case. Also always buy using you credit card,  even if it is just the deposit. 

Yes this applies to many things. Always use a credit card. Also good for buying cars and holidays - if you use a CC for the deposit, you get the CC protection on the entire purchase cost.

sewarner
Pioneer
Options

I’ve just started my mis-selling claim with John Lewis.  Although I love the picture on my KS8000 I’m also hacked off with lack of support from Samsung.  I can’t see me buying another Samsung TV

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@rozel wrote:

I have a Roku Plus and I can access the Southampton v West Brom loop.  I thought that was the UHD Trial?  Is there something else I'm missing here?  I'm in iPlayer Beta but all I get is the loop.

Go back into normal mode and restart then click on try beta and planet earth 2 sample should show. 

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@sewarner wrote:

I’ve just started my mis-selling claim with John Lewis.  Although I love the picture on my KS8000 I’m also hacked off with lack of support from Samsung.  I can’t see me buying another Samsung TV

Good luck let us know how you get on. 

sinjin
Journeyman
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

@rozel wrote:

Go back into normal mode and restart then click on try beta and planet earth 2 sample should show. 

Hi that’s not working for me no Planet Earth the only UHD I receive is the Southampton game when in Beta

rozel
Voyager
Options

Yes, I am getting an error in the main iPlayer "02001"  - saying try again later.

Does this mean the Roku + cannot or will not receive the forthcoming World Cup Games ?  I have a KS9500 and would like to know what TV @dunwell has, if I may ask? as he's got his Roku + working to receive the UHD Trial

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@rozel wrote:

Yes, I am getting an error in the main iPlayer "2001" or something like that - saying try again later.

Does this mean the Roku + cannot or will not receive the forthcoming World Cup Games ?

Did you see the option to see planet earth 2?

Have you tried a restart of the stick? That worked for my friend. 

rozel
Voyager
Options
Yes, when in iPlayer Beta, I then go into settings and change to the main iPlayer and then press "Restart". I then get the option to select the UHD trial, but the error comes up