Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 31-05-2018 01:52 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
chopples123
Voyager
Options

@amokuk wrote:

You lot should have read the writing on the wall and took them to small claims court months ago when they refused to give us any information on why we would never be getting an update, and trust me you wont be ever getting an update except for a 50% chance of the EDID fix. At this point I would say the chances of ants ever showing his face on this thread again at about 20%, who wants to be the person that tells you you are all suckers? Small claims court would have cost you £60 and you can put that in your claim as an expense. You would have won had you listened to the advice on the sue/refund thread. It's clear cut mis-selling.

I  bought my ks8000 specifically for uhd hdr world cup but i shall now be enjoying it on my oled c7 beauty.

not sure what smart things has to do with HLG tbh one was advertised at the point of sale the other was not

cheers

0 Likes
amokuk
Voyager
Options

HLG was advertised as a feature for many KS owners that bought in the latter half of 2017. Im not about to rehash the reasons why you should want to get your money back off samsung for an inferior product that cost you thousands of pounds. read the thread.

chopples123
Voyager
Options

@amokuk wrote:

HLG was advertised as a feature for many KS owners that bought in the latter half of 2017. Im not about to rehash the reasons why you should want to get your money back off samsung for an inferior product that cost you thousands of pounds. read the thread.

dont need to mate, i understand the difference between misselling and being pissed off about a potential future feature being delivered but not in a way that one would like

cheers

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@amokuk wrote:

You lot should have read the writing on the wall and took them to small claims court months ago when they refused to give us any information on why we would never be getting an update, and trust me you wont be ever getting an update except for a 50% chance of the EDID fix. At this point I would say the chances of ants ever showing his face on this thread again at about 20%, who wants to be the person that tells you you are all suckers? Small claims court would have cost you £60 and you can put that in your claim as an expense. You would have won had you listened to the advice on the sue/refund thread. It's clear cut mis-selling.

I  bought my ks8000 specifically for uhd hdr world cup but i shall now be enjoying it on my oled c7 beauty.

Very true and your are right as the mods have been very quite. 

TastyBurger666
Voyager
Options

Not sure the Beeb's list is quite right - just thought for giggles I'd pick a couple of random Polaroid sets out  - one of them is 1080p only and the other doesn't support HDR.

Hmmm...

0 Likes
chopples123
Voyager
Options

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

Not sure the Beeb's list is quite right - just thought for giggles I'd pick a couple of random Polaroid sets out  - one of them is 1080p only and the other doesn't support HDR.

Hmmm...

yep didnt realise LG had been pumping out so many 77 inch oleds

blenky
Helping Hand
Options

Shame Roku+  is not on the list. £60 well spent 😀

The Virgin Media V6 box is on as TBC but we are still waiting on firmware for HDR. Also unless Samsung fix the EDID on my KS its more than likely it won't work anyway. Sigh. 

0 Likes
TastyBurger666
Voyager
Options

@blenky wrote:

Shame Roku+  is not on the list. £60 well spent 😀

The Virgin Media V6 box is on as TBC but we are still waiting on firmware for HDR. Also unless Samsung fix the EDID on my KS its more than likely it won't work anyway. Sigh. 

If you're quick, Amazon Warehouse have it on for £50. 

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

Here's a count of the supported models from BBC's on-demand Blue Planet list saved on 9th Dec 2017:

9Dec.png

Here's the BBC's new list for live streaming devices, saved today:

Today.png

That's a huge increase in supported models, if it is correct (quite a big if from recent comments!), from 322 to 776. Lots of manufacturers (other than Samsung) have obviously been working very hard for their customers.

TastyBurger666
Voyager
Options

Woah...

"BBC has confirmed that World Cup iPlayer viewers who miss out on 4K resolution will still get HDR with HD stream. No limits on number of viewers for HDR"

David Mercer @DavidMercer_SA

*puts Roku back in the shopping basket*