Support

Open search

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

Highlighted
Apprentice

I'll take John Archer's unofficial/unsubstantiated words over Samsungs non-existent words any day of the week.

Helping Hand

Good news for fans who happen to live in America; and it also will do nothing other than increase the pressure on Samsung to provide a fix for the EDID issue:

AT&T Continues 4K Leadership at Augusta National with the 2018 Masters Tournament in 4K High Dynamic...

Voyager

Definitely good news, the more broadcast content the better really, as more J/K owners realise they can't receive something they've been promised. Should increase pressure on Samsung to sort an EDID fix.

Any news from @Saverio571 on Sky Q Italia? Was the Formula One Qualifying broadcast in HLG / HDR this morning?

Hotshot

@dunwellwrote:

Definitely good news, the more broadcast content the better really, as more J/K owners realise they can't receive something they've been promised. Should increase pressure on Samsung to sort an EDID fix.

@any news from @Saverio571 on Sky Q Italia? Was the Formula One Qualifying broadcast in HLG / HDR this morning?

I think if it was good news we might have heard by now.  In fact Samsungs silence says a lot. The other thread sky hlg is where this thread should go. 

Voyager

@dunwellwrote:

@any news from @Saverio571 on Sky Q Italia? Was the Formula One Qualifying broadcast in HLG / HDR this morning?

This has nothing to do with the iPlayer, so best to discuss this on the Sky Q 4K thread at http://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-OWNERS-ONLY-Sky-to-introduce-HDR-content-on-Sky...

Superuser I
Superuser I
Yes. In Italy F1 in HLG but don't work in Samsung models 2016.
I give you any good news for this problem.
Saverio Casadidio
Voyager

This thread is not only about iPlayer. Ant broadened it over a week ago, it’s a perfectly legitimate line of enquiry. 

Voyager
Thanks @Saverio571
Hotshot

Samsung said on these forums that the KS was fully broadcast HLG compatible. So with the news from Italy (thanks @Saverio571) that our KS does not work with Sky HLG, does that mean that Sky HLG is not broadcast or has Samsung mislead their KS owners and how does this affect anyone thinking that other HDMI devices are the answer?

Thanks for any info please.

Superuser I
Superuser I
Full broadcast means not HDMI. Means working by tuner.
Saverio Casadidio
Top Liked Authors