Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 01-03-2018 04:54 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
crashcris
Voyager
Options

We're all hanging on tenterhooks...

0 Likes
ukpetey
Pioneer
Options

@crashcriswrote:

Checked last night, the content had an error and wouldnt play at all. Its located in the ‘settings’ section, weirdly. 

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@ukpeteywrote:

@crashcriswrote:

Checked last night, the content had an error and wouldnt play at all. Its located in the ‘settings’ section, weirdly. 

So that answers the Roku question.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I would also like to ask here as to how certain people have said they can receive HLG over HDMI? What device were you using?

0 Likes
edindundee
Pioneer
Options

Not sure if this is what you're asking, I have a new Panasonic 4k bluray player with the iPlayer app built in, it doesn't see the trial.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@edindundeewrote:

Not sure if this is what you're asking, I have a new Panasonic 4k bluray player with the iPlayer app built in, it doesn't see the trial.

And this begs the question as to how come there are people saying they can get HLG over HDMI and I have not seen one device yet that can do it! We did have an Italian who accused me of giving miss information for say as such and he, her as gone very quite. I have checked and Iplayer does still have a HLG sample and the q9f does play it but the ks does not and there is no device out there that will play it on any 2015/2016 samsung TV's. Full Stop.

0 Likes
JTE
Navigator
Options

Folkes, there are no devices other than TVs listed that support BBC iPlayer UHD.

i have tried HLG Content, supposed, from internet via USB.

the problem we face in determining whether you are viewing HLG is the fact that it is backward compatible which means you might be viewing 4K without full HDR.

this thread is about BBC iPlayer UHD. Please don’t muddie waters. If you want a debate about comparability and different codecs please start a different thread. I have started a small claims court claim and just need to finish it and pay the money.

Happy to save outcome with members but to be honest will just as easily switch this thread off if people do not keep to the point.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@JTEwrote:

Folkes, there are no devices other than TVs listed that support BBC iPlayer UHD.

i have tried HLG Content, supposed, from internet via USB.

the problem we face in determining whether you are viewing HLG is the fact that it is backward compatible which means you might be viewing 4K without full HDR.

this thread is about BBC iPlayer UHD. Please don’t muddie waters. If you want a debate about comparability and different codecs please start a different thread. I have started a small claims court claim and just need to finish it and pay the money.

Happy to save outcome with members but to be honest will just as easily switch this thread off if people do not keep to the point.

I totallky agree with you. There have been some saying byou can get HLG throgh other devices and I still ask which one's! There seems to be a lot of mis information and as far as I know the KS will not be able to receive bbc iplayer HLG from any source, and I follow that with a big full stop!!!! There seems to have been some who say you can but I think they may be from Samsung just trying to confuse the issue. It is quite clear that Samsung have miss lead all KS and older owners and it begs the question         would you trust them in the future???????????????

0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

@paul1111wrote:

@ukpeteywrote:

@crashcriswrote:

So that answers the Roku question.

Thanks Ukpetey for checking it out for us. Sad that it did not work at all.

0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

0 Likes