Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 20-02-2018 10:34 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
chiraag88
Journeyman
Options

I have emailed Samsung too.   Hopefully I will get a response from JL or Samsung, once i will keep you all posted.

Chris/Paul - did you email Samsung too? 

Paul - Your refund, which retailer was it with?

0 Likes
CJH26
Navigator
Options

I messaged John Lewis again yesterday for an update, they told me they are still working with Samsung to find a resolution and they will get back to me as soon as they can.

What do you guys think? I guess I just have to wait and see what they get back to me with, I made it clear in various emails that I am not going to accept a SmartThings hub as a resolution as it does not provide the same functionality.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@chiraag88wrote:

I have emailed Samsung too.   Hopefully I will get a response from JL or Samsung, once i will keep you all posted.

Chris/Paul - did you email Samsung too? 

Paul - Your refund, which retailer was it with?

It was Samsung who replaced my ks9500 wigh a q9f.  Got it last week but not happy with it.,  as HDR is very dull blooming , and banding.  It will not cast from my phone.  Now back trying to deal with Samsung support again to get it fixed. Promised twice a call back and never happened.  Not happy. 

Paul

chiraag88
Journeyman
Options
Keep chasing them. I am doing the same with Samsung and John Lewis. Once one of us is successful, we can share the respective case number as its the same issue.
0 Likes
chiraag88
Journeyman
Options
@Paul1277 - So you bought directly from Samsung ? do you have a case number we can use?
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@chiraag88wrote:
@paul1277 - So you bought directly from Samsung ? do you have a case number we can use?

No bought from DA TECH through Amazon.  Will never do that again as you lose your section 75  protection when you buy through Amazon. Was surprised when Samsung offered to replace it.  I also had issues with are recording as well. 

Paul

0 Likes
chiraag88
Journeyman
Options

@paul1277wrote:

@chiraag88wrote:
@paul1277 - So you bought directly from Samsung ? do you have a case number we can use?

No bought from DA TECH through Amazon.  Will never do that again as you lose your section 75  protection when you buy through Amazon. Was surprised when Samsung offered to replace it.  I also had issues with are recording as well. 

Paul

@paul1277 - Thanks Paul.  Do you have a case number or reference number we can use so that Samsung can check if the issues are similar and then to also offer a replacement ?

0 Likes
TastyBurger666
Voyager
Options

@paul1277wrote:

@chiraag88wrote:

Paul

Not neccessarily. You lose S.75 when you there's no clear debtor-creditor relationship.

So if you'd bought it directly from Amazon you'd be covered, but items 'sold by Crapitt & Scarper Sons & fulfilled by Amazon' aren't covered.

This is the ONLY Internet post you should ever read on S.75: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@TastyBurger666wrote:

@paul1277wrote:

@chiraag88wrote:

Paul

Not neccessarily. You lose S.75 when you there's no clear debtor-creditor relationship.

So if you'd bought it directly from Amazon you'd be covered, but items 'sold by Crapitt & Scarper Sons & fulfilled by Amazon' aren't covered.

Correct. 

0 Likes
ukpetey
Pioneer
Options

I stated on this forum that I would give Samsung until the end of February 2018 to resolve this, and then I would discuss returning the TV for a refund to JL.

This still stands, and there are 8 more days until I begin the process. Samsung are absolute p*ss takers and I genuinely will never buy or recommend a product of theirs again. If they are hiding, in the hope that this will blow over, they are mistaken, and I find their arrogance and contempt for their customers extremely offensive.