Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 09-02-2018 05:00 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
amokuk
Voyager
Options
I stand corrected, just looked into this and saw loads of annoyed people on us samsung forums right up to now. The absolute balls of this company.
0 Likes
UHDHDR
Voyager
Options

wrote:

wrote:
It's now confirmed that HDR10+ will never be added to the 2016 TVs. Samsung has now literally deleted all press releases mentioning the HDR10+ firmware update for the 2016 TVs from their website.

@Anonymous User @ this fraudulent company.

Thats disappointing, was hoping they would do the right thing, but obviously not. Hopefully they at least give us iplayer hlg, but not holding my breath if they are now starting to cover their tracks and are deleting their lies. 

Good luck with that. These liars have moved on from the 2016 sets. Don't expect any new features to be added.

Jay108
Voyager
Options

Unbeliveable.  Did anyone take some screen shots of these web pages before Samsung took them down?

Jay108
Voyager
Options

@AntS ,  Have Samsung done anything with the reports and the list of unhappy Samsung customers ?

UHDHDR
Voyager
Options

wrote:

Unbeliveable.  Did anyone take some screen shots of these web pages before Samsung took them down?

I'm actually not from the UK. I'm from Canada but purchased my TV from the US. I came here to lend support to you guys about the iPlayer HLG issue and HDR10+.

The US press release still remains, and I was able to save it as a pdf, so that I can still use it after they delete this one as well.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pdf version of the global press releases or any screenshots. 

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

wrote:

@AntS ,  Have Samsung done anything with the reports and the list of unhappy Samsung customers ?

Looks like they have by trying to delete all evidence. I would say that is an act of criminality!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
amokuk
Voyager
Options
Its not an act of criminality. Come on lets get some perspective. The hdr10+ releases were done after samsung had officially stopped manufacture and selling of the 2016 set. This is just another example of using PR to sell 2017 sets.
"Oh look we are still doing stuff with the 2016 tvs, aren't we great!?"

And another example of how things work at samsung. An utterly despicable company.
0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

wrote:

wrote:

I'm actually not from the UK. I'm from Canada but purchased my TV from the US. I came here to lend support to you guys about the iPlayer HLG issue and HDR10+.

The US press release still remains, and I was able to save it as a pdf, so that I can still use it after they delete this one as well.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pdf version of the global press releases or any screenshots. 

Clever move.  Shame I was not smart enough to realise that Samsung would stoop so low.  Otherwise i would have also saved pdf of the Global Press release.  But i do have  an email to Samsung where i sent the link and they did confirm that they were able to open it few weeks back.    

Regardless..  This is a very strong indication that KS 2016 models are not  on their priority now.  

@UHDHDR..  I thought  HDR10+  was released in USA as part of the 2109 firmware upgrade for 2016 models. I

0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

wrote:

wrote:

Looks like they have by trying to delete all evidence. I would say that is an act of criminality!!!!!!!!

Shocking and scandalous. I'm even more riled than ever. They really need to have whats coming. 

0 Likes
UHDHDR
Voyager
Options

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Clever move.  Shame I was not smart enough to realise that Samsung would stoop so low.  Otherwise i would have also saved pdf of the Global Press release.  But i do have  an email to Samsung where i sent the link and they did confirm that they were able to open it few weeks back.    

Regardless..  This is a very strong indication that KS 2016 models are not  on their priority now.  

@UHDHDR..  I thought  HDR10+  was released in USA as part of the 2109 firmware upgrade for 2016 models. I

No. USA, nor Canada, have HDR10+ for the 2016 models.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau here in North America and I've been in contact with Samsung through the BBB. They just replied to me and said "we do not believe HDR10+ is supported by the 2016 models." I believe our conversation is being made public, so everyone will be able to see these scumbags for what they are. I mentioned how they deleted the global news links and then linked to the US press release, which is still up. I requested a full refund as a result of their lies, so we will see how it goes.