Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 02-02-2018 11:53 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

Samsung added HLG support for USB many months ago. 

If I'm not mistaken from the 1180 version. With actual version 1208 works correctly. If you are problems with actual firmware, please reset the Tv.

Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

wrote:
I for one now am totally confused - Does my 2016 KS9000 support HDR HLG via BBC iPlayer or not?

Definitely no.

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options
So why oh why are we getting into debates about other ways of achieving it - or am I off the pace?
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

wrote:

Samsung added HLG support for USB many months ago. 

If I'm not mistaken from the 1180 version. With actual version 1208 works correctly. If you are problems with actual firmware,no, lease reset the Tv.

Are you here just to confuse people because you are doing a good job.  The forum is BBC IPLAYER HLG and that is it.  So the question asked here,  do the 2015, 2016, Samsung TV support or play BBC IPLAYER HLG?  The answer is no.  Please stop going on about hdmi and USB,  this iplayer HLG.

Saverio571
MegaStar
Options
A user says no HLG on USB. This is false! Ok.
Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

wrote:
A user says no HLG on USB. This is false! Ok.

If you say so. 

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

Paul  avoids inaccurate things. I have the same right to write that you have, when you support absolutely incorrect things that the HLG on TV 2016 does not work. BBC Iplayer does not work but HLG does work. You and others are giving incorrect information.

Saverio Casadidio
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

When you ask Samsung to intervene for malfunctions or future implementations, you can not write incorrect things. You can not write that Samsung must implement HLG because it is not present. This is not true. You have to say that HLG does not work on streaming and, in particular, that the BBC iPlayer does not work.

Saverio Casadidio
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

wrote:

When you ask Samsung to intervene for malfunctions or future implementations, you can not write incorrect things. You can not write that Samsung must implement HLG because it is not present. This is not true. You have to say that HLG does not work on streaming and, in particular, that the BBC iPlayer does not work.

This is what we are asking for, HLG streaming support for iPlayer and Samsung have been asked to add this many times.

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options
Correct. But many are saying other things. That does not work the HLG at all.
Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes